How does SRB2 2.1 use a ranking system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Hello everyone!

I have see the new preview of srb22.1 and, in a picture, I've see a B rank on a NiGHTS stage. I just want to know if it needs a .exe or it's possible to do a ranking system just with a Maincfg.

If this is possible to do that in the current version of SRB2, tell me please. Because I want to create a SA2B mod (not like SA2BV2.wad) And a ranking system can be VERY cool.

P.S. I have edited the post.

Last edited:
Can you edit your post so that it makes sense, please?

I have no idea what exactly you want to know about the ranking system. And no, there is no release date. It will be released when it's ready, whenever that is.

Original post edited...

I am so sorry I am not perfect in english... excuse me...

He wants to know if it's possible to implement the ranking system that the NiGHTS stages use into regular stages.

I guess that's only for NiGHTS Stage. This fangame tries to emulate as much as possible the classic games (except thok) so yeah.

Assuming the people guessing your meaning are correct, no, you cannot use NiGHTS rankings outside of NiGHTS.

The reason there are rankings in the special stages is because they exist in the original NiGHTS, and as people here have pointed out, we're kinda sticklers for authenticity when it doesn't disrupt from something else.

There's a ranking system in NiGHTS for v2.1? Could you explain how that works?

Last edited:
There's a ranking system in NiGHTS for v2.1? Could you explain how that works?
Depending on your score in the stage, you get a rank between A and F, A being the best. Getting an A rank gives you an emblem. The thresholds for the ranks are different for each map and can be set in the level header.

Assuming the people guessing your meaning are correct, no, you cannot use NiGHTS rankings outside of NiGHTS.

The reason there are rankings in the special stages is because they exist in the original NiGHTS, and as people here have pointed out, we're kinda sticklers for authenticity when it doesn't disrupt from something else.
Is it possible to code edit or LUA edit ranks to be used in normal levels/maps (like single player not coop)?

To be fair, I wouldn't mind an optional ranking system for custom level packs. It'll have to be based on time or something (being a Sonic game and all), I guess someone could just LUA mod it in.

Is it possible to code edit or LUA edit ranks to be used in normal levels/maps (like single player not coop)?
There is no restriction to what you can do by modifying the source code (except for things that are impossible to do in a computer program, of course), so yes to that. As for Lua, I don't know, but it doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Also (this might be the wrong place to ask this but...) what is kanji and why was it chosen to be used in 2.1? I understand that it's the only symbol that can fit into one of the emblems.

That's been changed. We're NOT having a kanji discussion here again, so please don't bring it up beyond this post.

...although I'll define this one for you:

what is kanji
Chinese characters, more or less, that encapsulate a word from the Japanese language (or several, in fact; most have multiple meanings, and the correct one can be gleaned from context). This allows those writing in the language to use up much, much less space than they would if they wrote the word out in another of the alphabets Japanese uses, such as katakana or hiragana; those write out every single syllable of the word, and so would use two or more characters to write what a single kanji character would encapsulate.

Make sense? Good.

I'm not touching the rest, as per Rob's ultimatum (and a general disinterest on my part to talk about it, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back