Favorite Sonic Cartoon

What is your favorite Sonic Cartoon?

• SatAM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (AoSTH)

• Sonic Underground

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i'm not sure what time (Given I don't have a TV guide in front of me at the moment), but it should still be on on Saturdays... I'll let you know as soon as I can find the time.

Okay- here's what I found out:

"Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog shows weekdays at 8:00am Central Time on Toon Disney Toon Disney is a cable channel that features mostly Disney cartoons. The network was launched on or about April 18, 1998.

It is almost a combination of Cartoon Network and The Disney Channel. A lot of old Disney cartoon shows appear including shows that used to be part of The Disney Afternoon.

Toon Disney shows cartoons 24 hours a day, seven days a week and it is owned by the Walt Disney. AoStH villains also appeared one weekend on "Chillin' with the Villains" program hour - Robotnik was even on their commercial for it."

BTW, toon Disney isn't the Disney Channel, the channel on Cable. this one's Toon Disney, and is on digital Cable.

Happy?

The Sonic OAV, even though it had a ton of plotholes and all together downright silly. SatAM comes in a close second (the reason I don't list this as my favourite is because I've only seen the series in one run), followed by Sonic Le Rebelle (French version), Sonic X (Japanese version), and AoStH.

Cartoon is a style of animation, like anime. They aren't the same thing. However, some people like to merge the two styles together, creating, err, crap. Like Sonic X :)

So my favorite cartoon would be AoSTH, even though it wasn't great. If it would of had better animation, the original character designs intact, and cut out the loonyness but keep the funnies, it would of been really great.

Actually firemario, I disagree. The orginal badnik designs that DiC got from Sonic 2 look MUCH worse than their AoSTH counterparts. Thank freaking god they didn't use the old ones.

The looniness is really essentail to a cartoon like that. If you don't like AoSTH, it's pretty obvious that you pretty much hate the old Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner cartoons, because the AoSTH "chase" element is pretty much borrowed from those oldies.

And BTW, the animation was pretty okay for 1993. Just look at some of the Nickeodeon titles from back then. Ouch. Just because SatAM who came out at the same EXACT time as AoSTH had better animation doesn't mean much. it just says that SatAM had extremley above-average animation.

However, I agree on one thing. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was great. Let's all keep waiting for the rumored DVD that's coming out.
Just thought I'd clear some things up :wink:

Signing off,
Megasonic101/SRB2.

1. Sonic OAV/Sonic The Hedgehog the Movie had everything a Sonic anime should, and pulled it off perfectly, though, as Jake said, there were many a plothole, and some stuff didn't make sense to the games.

2. The first MOST Sonic game like cartoon ever, Sonic The Hedgehog Sat AM. It had Power Rings, and the 'Deep Power Stones', which were essentially the Chaos Emeralds split into 2 smaller jewels. This, and the deep, dark plot is what drew me to this show. Though I don't care for Robotnik's look in this. I prefer the look in Sonic OAV, and...

3. Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog was excellent in some parts, and all around lame in others. Though most of the series kinda sucked, the series DID, and still DOES, have the episodes that stick out, and once people see them, they'll like it a lot more. The episodes I loved that I remember the title are:

Zoobotnik
The Chaos Emerald Saga
Grounder The Genius
The Super Sonic Search And Smash Squad(Kind of good.)

However, this series had many lame down points. When you take all of these and squish them into a seperate show, you get...

4. Sonic Underground/Sonic La Rebelle(sp?), quite possibly the worst Sonic series. Featuring an annoying lovesick Amy Sally love child, and a surferdude, drummer, brother, this show all around sucked. From Robotnik's stupidity, down to Sleet and Dingo, down to the total bastardization of Knuckles The Echidna, this show just SUCKED. Even worse was the constant music. The only good points in the series were the AWESOME Swat Bot design, now used, I believe, in Archie Sonic The Hedgehog, and the intruments being weapons. Also, I found Sonic's blue aura around him when he was running and spinning cool, which is also seen in Sonic Adventure and the Sonic X US series, which I won't even list here because it sucks so bad.

Wow, this topic is still alive? Looks like it requires more of my genius though.

firemario1001 said:
Cartoon is a style of animation, like anime. They aren't the same thing.
I'm sorry, but you are sorely mistaken. Let us take a look at the definition of cartoon...

dictionary.com said:
cartoon

n 1: a humorous or satirical drawing published in a newspaper or magazine (syn: sketch) 2: a film made by photographing a series of cartoon drawings to give the illusion of movement when projected in rapid sequence (syn: animated cartoon)
That's exactly what anime is. Anime means animation, particularly animation in the form of cartoons. And furthermore, if you look at the history of anime you'll find that it is, in fact, heavily influenced by western (read: American) animation. They are one and the same.

And on the subject of AOSTH, here's a blast from the past: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tj.hopkins2/loool.html. *snicker*

Heh, very funny. Remember, EVERY cartoon that has a section that tells you not be be a pervert. I actually liked those scenes years ago, but now I look back and go OMGHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!111!!!!11!1!^21 *shot*

Tets said:
Wow, this topic is still alive? Looks like it requires more of my genius though.

firemario1001 said:
Cartoon is a style of animation, like anime. They aren't the same thing.
I'm sorry, but you are sorely mistaken. Let us take a look at the definition of cartoon...

dictionary.com said:
cartoon

n 1: a humorous or satirical drawing published in a newspaper or magazine (syn: sketch) 2: a film made by photographing a series of cartoon drawings to give the illusion of movement when projected in rapid sequence (syn: animated cartoon)
That's exactly what anime is. Anime means animation, particularly animation in the form of cartoons. And furthermore, if you look at the history of anime you'll find that it is, in fact, heavily influenced by western (read: American) animation. They are one and the same.

And on the subject of AOSTH, here's a blast from the past: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tj.hopkins2/loool.html. *snicker*

EDIT

After thinking I guess you're right. But anime must be a different style to cartoons, I mean, anime puts heavy emphasis on detail and the stereotype thing too.

And Sonic X was a terrible show. Making Sonic look weak, terrible plots, done in a horrible conglamo between an anime and cart... I mean something western, really makes this show have nothing going for it. The only people who like it are Amy fans *shiver* for obvious reasons.

Megasonic101/SRB2 said:
Just since the characters are still on the topic, I'd like to annunce that I'm starting a Scratch .plr file.

That should tide you over ;)

If you can give him the laugh as a sound effect, you will be my god.

I give him a few clips for his taunts:
1.HA-HA, HA-HA! ***classic!!***
3.Get over here!

Dies:
1. *growls*
2. *cries*
3. Aaaahhhh!

Kills:
1. Ha-Ha, Ha-ha!

That's all I can retrieve. Anybody has any clips? Post the link, or DCC them to me on AccessIRC.

Megasonic101/SRB2 said:
There is? WHERE? You must tell me. If you don't, I'll track down where you live and pelt you with a rubber chicken until you tell me.

Lol, Thats actually pretty funny, lol I'm still laughing :lol:

Megasonic101/SRB2 said:
There is? WHERE? You must tell me. If you don't, I'll track down where you live and pelt you with a rubber chicken until you tell me.
Heh, might want to try mastering the skill of tracking down web sites, first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back