Consider the following scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now my knowledge of SOCs is less than complete, but if you designed the map with portals in mind, could you perhaps use the Tag changing action (Of which the real name I cannot remember) to temporarily create a linedef executor-teleport combo, which when given the correct flags, will maintain speed and alter the direction appropriately... It's probably not what you were looking for, but a step in a direction at least, right?

Um, Bump! *Shot* Maybe you should try setting player speed as a Variable when the player comes in the portal, the player is moved to another variable, the portal's location, and then the player speed is set to the variable, might be a working equation...

SOCs can't use variables. If they would, we'd have alot more fun SOC Tech.

Warpshade, that's thinking nicely outside the box, but it would be very unstable. I've experimented with use of A_LinedefExecute in combination with state changing linedef executors, somewhere along the line it loses track of which sector it should be targeting, and seems to just go with the sectors in order of numbering. It's worth more experimentation, but it's probably not what we need for portals.

I think Jazz managed to do this in a Jazzattack match/tag level that had a Futuristic Laboratory theme. I'm not 100% on this but it can't hurt to ask him. You thok into a Redwall teleportal and came out of another one at what appears to me as a complete 180-degree rotation at the same thok speed. At least, that's how I remember it.

It's not what we're talking about, Chaos Knux. That can be accomplished with the teleport linedef executor if you set certain flags on the linedefs.

Chaos Knux, that's a sector-based portal. What we're talking about here is an object-based portal GUN. Which is completely different really.

I had an idea for a PortalRB2 with The Tails Doll as GlaDOS, but it's been abandoned for Squirrel World and my several other secret projects.

Currently it sounds like you need an object to keep track of the player's angle be using A_ChangeAngleRelative or something. That object would find the player closest to it since they come out of one portal and all, and somehow transfer IT'S angle to the player or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back