Cannot make the camera rotate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonimaniatic

Milanesas lover.
As you read it, I can not make the player camera rotate, I already watched the controls settings, but when use the keys to rotate (default O and P) it doesn't work, even if I change it to another keys.
What I have to do?

PD: I speak spanish, sorry if you don't understand me

Last edited:
Use variable CAM_ROTATE <0-360>.

CAM_ROTATE 90 or CAM_ROTATE 270 for side view. And CAM_ROTATE 0 or CAM_ROTATE 180 for front and back view. You can use any value between 0 and 360 degrees too.

But I'd recommend you to re-assign the keys for camera rotate left/right again to make it work.

Ermm... another thing:

-I don´t play Srb2 since 2007-
Please, the one who wants, send me pm with the latest big changes in it.
I think you no longer need it. :D

This is intentional. Camera rotate is only useful for analog controls. Therefore it only works with analog mode.

I wish it was put back in though. Sometimes I want to admire the new Knux sprites or finish a level backwards.

This is intentional. Camera rotate is only useful for analog controls. Therefore it only works with analog mode.

Yes,thanks but in older versions (like 1.09.03 or 4) you where allowed to do this with analog control off (as Jellybones says).

However, it was easy to accidentally rotate the camera and you were basically forced to open the console to fix it, which was certainly not our design intent for the camera rotation controls. If you didn't know how to fix it, you were then completely screwed.

However, it was easy to accidentally rotate the camera and you were basically forced to open the console to fix it, which was certainly not our design intent for the camera rotation controls. If you didn't know how to fix it, you were then completely screwed.
Yeah, that sucked.

Though we should keep camera control as an option.

The problem is that it's not an option that 99% of users really want, even if they think they do. The 1% can crack open the source code and enable it if they'd like. Features that narrow shouldn't be in the options.

The problem is that it's not an option that 99% of users really want, even if they think they do. The 1% can crack open the source code and enable it if they'd like. Features that narrow shouldn't be in the options.
GCC builds CFail with the standard SRB2 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back