Administrator

sorry about that, uploaded a new build.

3DS FC: 0473-7778-0919
Old 05-05-2014   #282
Fuse

Thanks.

-Fuse

:-)

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the new build for the 2.18 patch, could you give me a link please?

Thank you!

-Fuse

Old 05-05-2014   #283
AlamGBC
WOO! GO ME! YAHOO!
Administrator

sorry, it seem the upload was stuck asking for my password (maybe that why the first 2.1.8 failed...)

3DS FC: 0473-7778-0919
Old 05-05-2014   #284
Fuse

Thanks for the help, but there was another message whenever I tried to join a

[B]Critical Error[B]

SOCK_Send, error sending to node 4 (24.113.99.166:5030) #22: Invalid argument

I didn't know what to do about it.

Thank you!

-Fuse

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

*join a server*

Old 05-18-2014   #285
TOGM95
What am I again?

Is there any Android port? I really like to have one...
Old 05-22-2014   #286
TheDoctor

How do I set up the PSP version? There is little information on this. Is it like the unofficial Wii version where I have to copy and paste all the .dta files? Also, I will be using a PSP emulator on my android to run this, so if there are any things I should know about chime in and inform me.
Old 05-23-2014   #287
TheDoctor

21 hours. Safe to say my question was ignored, or simply not bothered to answer. A simple explanation as to how to get it working would be nice.
Old 05-23-2014   #288
VirtualBlitz546

No one enters the message board in week days.
Old 05-23-2014   #289
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post
No one enters the message board in week days.
That would have been my first thought, however when one sees many other topics being replied to that are minutes or hours away, one would expect a question asked a day ago to be answered.
Old 05-23-2014   #290
akirahedgehog
Toasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
That would have been my first thought, however when one sees many other topics being replied to that are minutes or hours away, one would expect a question asked a day ago to be answered.
There are not many people who are knowledgeable on the subject anyway and those who would be are currently consumed by real life issues. You need to include all the srb2 data files (srb2.srb, rings.wpn, etc.). The PSP is seriously underpowered though therefore this port is almost unplayable and will continue to be until SRB2s resource management system is completely rewritten. I made a topic about it a while ago here.

Old 05-23-2014   #291
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirahedgehog View Post
There are not many people who are knowledgeable on the subject anyway and those who would be are currently consumed by real life issues. You need to include all the srb2 data files (srb2.srb, rings.wpn, etc.). The PSP is seriously underpowered though therefore this port is almost unplayable and will continue to be until SRB2s resource management system is completely rewritten. I made a topic about it a while ago here.
Alright, I'll try doing that later on today, thanks. And the fps and crashes don't bother me, I've never had a working system in my life excluding PC and have beaten all of Sonic Jam's sonic's world missions with 5 fps.
Old 05-25-2014   #292
Terra
Needy child

TrivialDentist, don't try emulating the PSP version of SRB2. I've tried it on my PC (which has no problem emulating Wii games at full speed) and I got horrible speeds, lagginess with any settings and weird high pitched sounds. Not to mention the game really only works well on the PSP Slim.
Old 05-26-2014   #293
~Confusion~

Would it be possible to port SRB2 to the "original" PowerPC Mac OS (9.2.2)?
There is a port for OSX, so how about one for the "classic" mac?
I'm pretty sure those computers have enough power to run SRB2.
<hms> nice try aries
<~Despicable Me> Lol 2 hms
Despicable Me renamed to hms
Back then we all had windows xp... Lucky we were =S
Old 05-26-2014   #294
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
TrivialDentist, don't try emulating the PSP version of SRB2. I've tried it on my PC (which has no problem emulating Wii games at full speed) and I got horrible speeds, lagginess with any settings and weird high pitched sounds. Not to mention the game really only works well on the PSP Slim.
As I said, t-....t-...you have one of those names that are 'difficult'. As I said I do not mind having extreme lagginess. My entire life has had me dealing with horrible stuff such as broken consoles, or broken systems and stuff. Why, the first time I played Shadow for xbox, I had to literally stop every 10-20 seconds because the level wouldn't fully load, causing me to die whenever I ran fast. So, I learned to enjoy such hardships, and it's also how I got to love Sonic Jam after beating it with 5 fps.

@confusion: I'm not knowledgeable in this, so I'm not sure, sorry.
Old 05-27-2014   #295
Epicfruitz
kompacktdisk

how do i add it to my psp?
Old 05-28-2014   #296
akirahedgehog
Toasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Confusion~ View Post
Would it be possible to port SRB2 to the "original" PowerPC Mac OS (9.2.2)?
There is a port for OSX, so how about one for the "classic" mac?
I'm pretty sure those computers have enough power to run SRB2.
I started work on a port several years ago for 1.09.4 and it was in a semi working state. This summer I'm planning to pull out my G3 iMac and get that rolling again. I also plan on evaluating the original Xbox port which was close to working thanks to Alam's help.

@TheDoctor Were you able to get SRB2PSP running?

Old 05-28-2014   #297
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirahedgehog View Post
I started work on a port several years ago for 1.09.4 and it was in a semi working state. This summer I'm planning to pull out my G3 iMac and get that rolling again. I also plan on evaluating the original Xbox port which was close to working thanks to Alam's help.

@TheDoctor Were you able to get SRB2PSP running?
Nope. I figured I'd experiment with it next time I have some free time, since it's not that much of a big thing since I have srb2 on my PC and wii. I get a similar error as mentioned earlier, I would select it, black screen, and crash.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicfruitz View Post
how do i add it to my psp?
Earlier I have made a similar post, read the first couple ones I posted (I think a page or two back), and sit along side with me, I am searching for similar answers.
Old 05-29-2014   #298
akirahedgehog
Toasty!

Looks like the build that's linked was complied back in December of 2011 so you'll need to use the 2.0 data files until someone updates it.

Old 05-29-2014   #299
Yacker
Metallic

Actually, from my testing, it seems to use 2.0.6's files. But I can't get it to run either, once it hits the "Sonic Team Junior Presents..." screen it crashes.
Old 07-03-2014   #300
Retroben
Bruised-up Disgruntled Bear

Sorry for the four week bump.

I don't know how it works,but I now have SRB2PSP running in PPSSPP "Android" at playable speeds with almost no lag spikes!

Would you beleive that this is PPSSPP on my Fire TV?
I also overclocked the minimal rate of all four CPU cores to 800MHZ using Kernel Tuner.

I want to see a better video of the SRB2 Android port using keyboard controls for making Sonic move at the normal pace instead of a STUPID crawl into death.
I just can't gauge how well the in-game performance is in cybocat's two YT videos.
The menu runs at what appears to be full speed,but what are the specs of his device?

I want the port for Android really,really badly.

*talks into your ear*-->really,really badly.