Source code compile failed, what's "comprevision"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to compile a version of Sonic Robo Blast 2 using this guide, but when I try, I get the error undefined reference to 'comprevision' once in d_netcmd.c and twice in m_misc.c.

Searching on the forum/message board, I only find two threads containing "comprevision". One that's from 2010-ish and probably outdated, and one from last September-ish which basically says "it should work unless you download from GitHub". So... What should I do instead, then?

I'm using the "MinGW" method for SDL2 stuff on a 64-bit Windows 10, and as far as I know, I have set up everything perfectly fine. I'm trying to compile the branch of the game called "next" on the "magicalgirl.moe" git place, with no modifications to any of the files. I'm asking here instead of on "srb2fun" because I don't at all know how IRC stuff works, and don't want to do something wrong or such.
If any additional info is required, ask, and I'll try to answer if I can.

Try adding NOVERSION=1 to the make command. If that doesn't work, post the entire output of the command.

What I'm more curious about is how comptime.bat isn't getting run to generate comptime.h, like it should be.

犬夜叉;774579 said:
What I'm more curious about is how comptime.bat isn't getting run to generate comptime.h, like it should be.
...I just checked, and... I see comptime.h in the "src" folder. Maybe comptime.bat ran slightly after the check for comptime.h or something during my first compile?
Edit: Actually, in my "src" folder, comptime.c has some stuff in it, but comptime.h is completely empty. Is that supposed to be the case?

Last edited:
Open a command prompt, go to the project folder, and type "comptime.bat .\src", and if it spits anything out post it.

(Even if it mentions it can't find "git", it should still be producing a comptime.h file with "Unknown" fields for comprevision and compbranch, so the fact that it's just outputting nothing means something is going terribly wrong.)

犬夜叉;774749 said:
Open a command prompt, go to the project folder, and type "comptime.bat .\src", and if it spits anything out post it.
(Note: Even though the directory is "Games/SRB2Slopes", that's only for the source code of the game. I keep the compiled game in "Games/Sonic Robo Blast 2".)

Command prompt output:
Code:
D:\SteamLibrary\NonSteam\Games\SRB2Slopes>comptime.bat .\src

D:\SteamLibrary\NonSteam\Games\SRB2Slopes>
SRB2Slopes/src/comptime.h:
Code:
// Do not edit!  This file was autogenerated 
// by the comptime.bat batch file 
// 
const char* compbranch = "Unknown"; 
const char* comprevision = "illegal";

After downloading a fresh copy of the "next" branch of the code and compiling it, comptime.h is empty again (due to the blank file in the uploaded source, and comptime.bat not executing). I noticed this at the start of the compile log, though:
Code:
D:\SteamLibrary\NonSteam\Games\SRB2Slopes>make -C src CC=gcc MINGW=1 WINDOWSHELL=1 NOUPX=1
make: Entering directory `/d/SteamLibrary/NonSteam/Games/SRB2Slopes/src'
[B]..\comptime.bat .
make: ..\comptime.bat: Command not found[/B]
make: [pre-build] Error 127 (ignored)
...I suppose that might be because I'm technically running it from the root folder of the source, not the src folder, and just using the "-C src" argument (as per the SDL2 part of the guide) to compile the src folder? If that's really the case, should I blame the guide or just myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back