• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Mars (Updated 6/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wrote this on the first post: " Progress has moved at a steady pace and at this rate I should have a demo of Jade Gully 1&2 by the end of February"

Do you think you can release a beta this week?

That Star Trek level is epic, akira. I can't wait to play it. Did you know that someone made an entire replica of the original NCC-1701 in Doom? Anyway, this mod is coming along quite nicely.

About the fish-eye lens thing in the first post... is it even possible to make a fish-eye lens in SRB2...?

It's always possible to make a fish-eye out of any 3D render by applying a post-render 2D effect on the picture before sending it out to the screen. However, the game would probably have to run at a very high resolution just to make it look good, and speed would be a kick in the nuts.

So yes, it's possible, but the performance is far from excellent. The right way would be to actually use a spherical axis when determining where pixels should be drawn, and that would be a pain and half.

If you'd like to use these textures, here ya go!

specbf.png

specaw.png

specbw.png

These are some of the textures from that special stage thing. I just remade them in the SRB2 palette.

Mmkay, Akira, I have some other textures in my flash drive for the special stage thing, what was that other texture set you had in mind?

So wait, what was this update again? And why are you responding now to an offer made two months ago?

Because the image is on akirahedgehog's webspace and he probably found it funny to replace it. The same goes for the "random power ranger" post.

Because the image is on akirahedgehog's webspace and he probably found it funny to replace it. The same goes for the "random power ranger" post.

Exactly! In other news...

Demo 1
will be released on July 4th and will contain Quartz Cove 1, King's Gambit 1, Ice Breaker 1, and possibly more. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back