Zune 3.0 is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.zune.net/en-us/press/2008/0916-fall2008.htm
In case your a Zune owner who hasn't been paying attention to all the new stuff, I'll summarize what I find are key points to the 3.0 update.

- Two new Zune hardware devices. 16GB Flash and 120GB HDD based. They look nearly the same but the 8GB Flash does have a nice shiny blue cover now.

- Games! Hexic and Texas Hold 'em are the only available right now and are bundled in the update. You can also listen to music while playing Hexic. I've really enjoyed playing Hexic during freetime at school today.

- Buy from FM. Tag a song on the radio and buy it from the marketplace.

- WiFi Marketplace. Access the entire Zune marketplace from the Zune device and buy more stuff from Microsoft...

- Clock. Why now?

- Audiobook support. I'll never use it..

- Mc Donalds. Free WiFi for Zune.

- etc..

We'll I'm happy for now but by next year I'll want some new hardware. (I got a 4GB back at the end of last year.)

Heh, I'll stick with the Zune I have now, until it gets internet. Also, needs moar better game support.

Seriously, you have to download an XNA programming app to install them. (Or did that change too?)

Sonict said:
Dark Warrior said:
JRose said:
The Ipod Touch is better then the Zune. You can play 3D games on it and surf the web.

Get a laptop. :/

Or get a Pandora when it comes out :D

www.openpandora.org
lol DS ripoff.

My brother had a Zune once. It was one of the first ones. He didn't like it since it was too thick, movies needed a proper conversion program, and I think he mentioned something about the battery's life. All because he didn't wanna buy an iPod.

I'll show the new models to him, to see what he'll think about.

I also tried my cousin's iPod Touch for a while. I didn't do much, since I just wanted to see the Friday movies he had there. After that, he used it to surf the web.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Sonict said:
Dark Warrior said:
JRose said:
The Ipod Touch is better then the Zune. You can play 3D games on it and surf the web.

Get a laptop. :/

Or get a Pandora when it comes out :D

www.openpandora.org
lol DS ripoff.

My brother had a Zune once. It was one of the first ones. He didn't like it since it was too thick, movies needed a proper conversion program, and I think he mentioned something about the battery's life. All because he didn't wanna buy an iPod.

I'll show the new models to him, to see what he'll think about.

I also tried my cousin's iPod Touch for a while. I didn't do much, since I just wanted to see the Friday movies he had there. After that, he used it to surf the web.

Just because the Pandora uses a clamshell design doesn't mean it is a DS ripoff. All laptops use that design too you know.

Do all the replies in this topic count as off-topic? After all, this IS a Zune topic, and not a laptop/PDA/Pandora/iPod topic.

Ghost_Zero said:
Heh, I'll stick with the Zune I have now, until it gets internet. Also, needs moar better game support.

Seriously, you have to download an XNA programming app to install them. (Or did that change too?)

Hexic and Texas Hold 'em are installed with the Zune Software 3.0 installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back