The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 2's ending is kinda clichéd, regrettably. If it leaves a sour taste on your mouth, instead of moving on directly to episode 3, I recommend episodes 7 ("Dragonshy"), 16 ("Sonic Rainboom") or 25 ("Party of One") to help wash it off - you don't especially need to have seen any episodes prior for it to make sense.

If it doesn't leave a sour taste on your mouth, though, just keep going through them in order.

Episode 2's ending is kinda clichéd, regrettably. If it leaves a sour taste on your mouth, instead of moving on directly to episode 3, I recommend episodes 7 ("Dragonshy"), 16 ("Sonic Rainboom") or 25 ("Party of One") to help wash it off - you don't especially need to have seen any episodes prior for it to make sense.

If it doesn't leave a sour taste on your mouth, though, just keep going through them in order.

Meh, I might watch episode 5 next, since most people here seem to like it.

Sooo.... a few of you know the Sonic comic Insonicnia... the comic that inspired it, TMS (That's My Sonic!) just had... well... THIS... no idea. Psy's probably a bronie too... or a broark?
344bt.png

What makes you say that? The blood all over it?

Let us remember what Pinkie Pie was doing in secret to every Pony in the fanfic: making "them" cupcakes. And since after Rainbow Dash was uh..."baked", the same fate was to fall upon her other Pony friends when their number appears ((despite her making them into stuff dolls afterwards)).

Getting to the point... the fact that Pinkie enjoyed eating her friends ((and everyone else)) and then seeing the third panel's title: "Friendship is Delicious" makes me assume it's a homage towards "Cupcakes"

...But that's just me XD

Meh, I might watch episode 5 next, since most people here seem to like it.

I'm one of the people that doesn't like it.

You see, when they say to watch episodes like 5 and 25, they're assuming you're a fan of Pinkie Pie. I however, am was not. Pinkie Pie is the sort of character that you either love or hate. If you can't stand her, you PROBABLY won't like 5 or 25 that much. Episodes like #4, Apple Buck Season, or #16, Sonic Rainboom, will probably be more suited to your tastes. I was personally a great fan of The Stare Master, too. Though that one wasn't as much funny as it was epic. To tell the truth, the only episodes I was largely disappointed with were Griffon the Brush Off, Look Before You Sleep, and Dragonshy. Sure, people will probably blast me about that last one, all I have to say about why I didn't like it was that I felt the scripting was weak, and it could have had a lot more potential.

At the moment I would have to be a "Rainbow Dash" on that chart there, but I suppose I might as well give it try sooner or later, since pretty much EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET seems to love it so much. Seriously, I doubt there is even ONE online community that dosen't have atleast one "Brony" by now. I don't have a problem with the fanbase or anything, but I really think it's gone out of hand with how many people like it... It's only a matter of time before everyone in the world becomes bronies...

2m5m04w.jpg

Okay, that might be pushing it... Extremely far-fetched conspiracy theories aside, I guess I might as well try it out and see what all the fuss is about whenever I get a chance.

Oh, don't worry. I mean, it's not like we are being controlled by them or anything...
operation-ponytakeovergfz1.png

Okay, MAYBE we are, but who knows? It's not like I have a pony as my avatar, oh wait.

If we're really going back to that "scale of MLP:FiM interest image from the first post, I'm fairly firmly in Twilight Sparkle territory right now. I can empathize with Rarities/Rainbow Dashes, too (I was a Rainbow Dash for most of season one, and a Rarity after attempting the first episode, but went up the scale after watching some later episodes), although Gildas, not so much.

Originally posted by KO.T.E.
Oh, don't worry. I mean, it's not like we are being controlled by them or anything...
operation-ponytakeovergfz1.png

Okay, MAYBE we are, but who knows? It's not like I have a pony as my avatar, oh wait.

Honestly, the reason I haven't watched this yet isn't because it's about ponies. It's because so many tougher guys then me have watched it and gotten hooked that I honestly fear it's some kind of mind control.

Next thing you know, one of these episodes will contain some subliminal message that will lead to some mass takeover of all the world's governments by bronies... :0

The scale?

I think since the last time I looked at it, I've upgraded to a full Pinkie Pie. It's quite apparent if you look at my behavior on... well, any site I frequent that isn't this one.

In fact, it's even apparent when you look at the desktop topic. Or the art topic. Or my signature.

When I first heard about it, according to the scale, I was a Gilda. Then I went up the scale up to Twilight Sparkle, but skipped over Rarity.

That chart thing... I think I started at Rainbow Dash, then after finishing watching all of the episodes I went up to Applejack. Then I let it sit for awhile and moved up to Twilight Sparkle.

I might be slowly moving to Pinkie Pie. I honestly can't tell.

I'm still at Applejack. Will always be at that area...

Also. . .
Honestly, the reason I haven't watched this yet isn't because it's about ponies. It's because so many tougher guys then me have watched it and gotten hooked that I honestly fear it's some kind of mind control.
130753562342.png

Next thing you know, one of these episodes will contain some subliminal message that will lead to some mass takeover of all the world's governments by bronies... :0
Honestly? The whole "love and friendship" shtick would be a lot better than the tired rhetoric both the Democratic and Republican parties never seem to deviate from.

Which, of course, means such a party has no chance in hell to be elected. Who the hell wants to hear about sunshine and happiness when we can bitch about whatever party's in power?

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, when I started watching the show I quickly shot up to 'Twilight Sparkle' on the chart in the opening post. But before the series was over, I most certainly am a 'Pinkie Pie' on that chart. I browse Ponychan on a regular basis, I have a pony avatar on several online communities and a pony desktop, I've even written some pony fanfiction. Pinkie Pie for life bro, unless season 2 is sub-par that is.

Pony takeover currently in progress: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCpdDS3L2xs

It was weird, I first heard from my friend about it and I was Gilda on that list. But when I felt influenced by others, I gave it a go and I was practically Fluttershy instantly. I'm guessing I'm between AppleJack and Fluttershy now, I don't really watch the show too much, but I do it sometimes when I get the chance.
It's a charming show and I wouldn't mind watching it. I shoudl probably watch it from episode 1 - 26 now (only watched five episodes) waiting for Season 2. Overall, I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back