• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My level isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan Ryan

Netcode Nancy
Every time I try to test my level I'm creating, it does the signal_handler()segment violation thing. Plus, when I edit it on SRB2Builder, it doesn't let me edit the big sector in the middle, or the lines. Help!

GCFreak said:
Judging from the screenshots, all of the map's linedefs are single sided.

so what do I do, run them all over again? The ones that aren't in the big fat sector work.

EDIT: Unless the one-sided linedefs thing is what's keeping the level from working.

Patience. It's only been an hour, you know. :roll:

As for your problem, I haven't used DoomBuilder long enough to know what the picture means. If you could upload the wad on a hosting site for us to look at, I think I might be able to help.

Otherwise, I think GCFreak knows what he's talking about.

shadow the fox said:
DarkKitsune said:
shadow the fox said:
Im sorry but WTF?
I can't magnify it, stop criticising me, dammit!

look at bolded words.

...Though I don't think "WTF" is even remotely helpful.

Go to "tools" and then "Find map errors" and click on the errors with an "X" by them. Then wen the error is highlighted, click "fix and recheck" and that should work.

Weird effect where sprites get left behind = Hall of Mirrors. HOM for short. It's a bug that happens when you have a single-sided linedef without a texture.

Also, I'd recommend reading the Doom Builder tutorial on the main site. You need a thok barrier, learn how to add end level sectors... just many, many, things you are missing. It's a good start, a noob would often quit on first try, but you just need to find out how to develop SRB2-esque levels, not DooM levels.

I have a feeling turrets don't shoot because of one-sided linedefs (can't see through the one-sided linedef, so no shoot). That can be fixed by using two-sided linedefs. But then again, just start with the tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back