What do you do when the only results for a wad file are outdated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm trying to join a server and there's a wad that's too big to download in-game. So I go Google the wad, and the wad can either be only found on some shady looking website because it's so little-known that not even 4Shared has it. And sometimes 4Shared does have it. But once I download it and add it to the game, it tells me it's the wrong version or it's outdated. How do you people even get "the right version" that you all add to your servers?! This is equally if not more infuriating than stupid in-game downloads freezing! I just need to vent this out because this is really annoying me right now, and I want to know a solution.

What "shady" websites are pulling up in searches?

Your best bet might be to search these forums. But if they're not here, or someplace else like Wadbase (if that's still around, I don't know) then they're usually worthless downloads anyway. Try joining unmodded servers.

The way I see it is that if it's not on these forums, it's probably not worth downloading.

Also, 4shared is the absolute worst website for file hosting. :T Why do people upload their WAD files there again?

Also, 4shared is the absolute worst website for file hosting. :T Why do people upload their WAD files there again?

Because it actually has a search so people can find the files without being given direct links.

Also, there are a lot of surprisingly good wads that are never released on the forums, you're missing out. =P

I hope that when SRB2 gets a new net code, it downloading files is no longer like driving an old beat-up car. I could also go for a "restart download" button that of the current download you're on freezes, you can instantly attempt to re-download it again without having to go through all those menus.

Also, screw 4shared. I don't get why literally every SRB2 wad ever gets uploaded there somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back