Suggestions

There are some areas isolated to specific characters that have rings that prevents others from getting a perfect. Can there be a means to declare the number of rings each character has to obtain in order to get a perfect bonus? Of course, this value should be set to all the rings that character is able to obtain legitimately (which probably will have to be tediously accounted for manually).

Please find a way to make THZ goo less annoying. The idea and level design around it, as a mechanic, is great. But the stuff is just so damn slow to escape from, especially if an enemy knocks you into it.

When playing as Sonic & Tails, jumping off tails should force him into the fall state so he doesn't pick you back up.

Last edited:
This isn't a suggestion for the game, but a comment on the new custom gametype addon naming conventions, because I don't like them but I dunno where else to put them:

Using Z to prefix the base resources is pretty nonsensical. It doesn't stand for anything relevant (at least G would stand for custom gametypes!), and it separates gametype addons from their expansions in addition to throwing them all after any expansions in a flat folder structure! That means an average person scrolling down through their addon list for things to add is encouraged to add expansion addons before the base, which doesn't work.

My suggestion is to throw out the Z prefix on base addons, and add a letter for expansions at the end of the prefix. This would be a perfect place to instate the prefix letters used for vanilla addons (for differentiation between TrM_ for levels and TrC_ for characters, if someone decided to make an addon-exclusive character for whatever reason), or a single letter (E or X for (E)(X)pansion?) could be used instead.

Code:
Tk_Thokker-v2.pk3
TkL_FangPopsTheBallInsteadOfLaunchingIt.lua
TkM_GiantFartZone.pk3

This would put the base addons directly above all of its expansions in the addon list, and is also more consistent with the naming scheme for independent addons, as the Tr (or other gametype prefix) is simply replacing the V or K in that naming scheme.

Last edited:
Using Z to prefix the base resources is pretty nonsensical. It doesn't stand for anything relevant (at least G would stand for custom gametypes!), and it separates gametype addons from their expansions in addition to throwing them all after any expansions in a flat folder structure! That means an average person scrolling down through their addon list for things to add is encouraged to add expansion addons before the base, which doesn't work.

Seconded. If this is to be fixed, it must be as soon as possible, before we reach the point of no return where forcing a large amount of releases to rename themselves is not worth the effort. Unfortunately, since SRB2's addon menu treats special characters as after the standard alphabet, Tk_ would appear underneath TkL_ in your example. I'm stumped to find a better solution, but I'd like to keep the V part of the prefix as well. Another problem is that standard file structures would wort TkL_ underneath Tk_.

Last edited:
Damnit, file sorting sucks ass. How about TkB_? It's not as pretty (I like the sort of offset look that using fewer characters gives) but it should work fine in the addon browser as long as nobody decides to give a resource type the A_ prefix letter. chaos will never die

I wouldn't mind keeping the V in the prefix, honestly. It would help to distinguish Kart modes too, if those ever get official support, since they'd be KTkB_ instead of VTkB_.

After sleeping on it, here's my idea:

VTkG_Thokker-v1 <- G denotes a custom gametype
VTkX_MyThokkerExpansion <- X would be used for literally any and all expansions that rely on a custom gametype. Maps, characters, anything. This way, we don't have to hope that certain prefix letters never get added in the future. Expansions for a certain addon type will likely not get so out of hand that they need additional prefix letters beyond X, I think. After all, the standard letter system just doesn't really fit in with custom gametypes. By the way, if an addon (such as a character) decides to add thokker support, the addon would not need to add TkX unless it is dependent on thokker being added first to work.

Both srb2 2.2.2 and standard filesystems will sort these the same exact way, which was my goal.

Last edited:
This might have been suggested already, but I think it would be really useful if there was a key dedicated to going super like in Sonic 3 A.I.R., instead of using the spin key. It's really annoying when I hold spin so I roll when I hit the floor and I go super instead. On the topic of the super form, it would be neat if there was an option to disable the super music and let it use the regular music instead. I find the super music, as good as it is, to be quite repetitive after a while, and it sometimes doesn't mix well with the level's atmosphere.

Are there other threads to pitch ideas for Mods? Or is that basically just also this thread? Like I wish I had any programming ability to make this.

Freedom Fighter

Super simple but adds a lot of fun to replaying levels -- just adds a Rescue count to the HUD -- xx / yy -- x is the amount of enemies you've killed, y is the total amount in the level.

To throw my 2 cents into the Modern Sonic thing, I don't like the mod. I think it's too much, too many features, too different, and it doesn't work well with the levels as they are. However, I understand the appeal of playing as the Sonic that, at this point, a lot of players have grown up with. If you had an entire set of levels designed for Modern Sonic, great! That's an entirely new game, and if you want to make that then good luck to you.

That said, I think it would be neat if an extra character - maybe not Modern Sonic, maybe Neo Sonic, maybe something else - was included in the addons folder on install, but not loaded by default, as a way to teach players who poke around the menu how addons work. Right now when you install the game and you're not used to the idea of modding, it's just a button that shows some confusing UI and does nothing. Someone mentioned Egg Pack, that would definitely be a good option if the meme voice lines were taken out.

To throw my 2 cents into the Modern Sonic thing, I don't like the mod. I think it's too much, too many features, too different, and it doesn't work well with the levels as they are. However, I understand the appeal of playing as the Sonic that, at this point, a lot of players have grown up with. If you had an entire set of levels designed for Modern Sonic, great! That's an entirely new game, and if you want to make that then good luck to you.

That said, I think it would be neat if an extra character - maybe not Modern Sonic, maybe Neo Sonic, maybe something else - was included in the addons folder on install, but not loaded by default, as a way to teach players who poke around the menu how addons work. Right now when you install the game and you're not used to the idea of modding, it's just a button that shows some confusing UI and does nothing. Someone mentioned Egg Pack, that would definitely be a good option if the meme voice lines were taken out.

Honestly if Egg Pack were to be officially shipped with the game I would rather it be included as an unlockable rather than an addon. Though I do feel like including an addon with the game would be a nice way to ship the game with one of the OC characters without actually making them an official, vanilla character. For the sake of the joke, HMS would be a great option. However, one of the several other OC's such as Dirk, Hinote, or Inazuma might be more worthy.

How about just Add-On the doublejump/homing attack? That's the core component of what I think makes Modern Sonic easier to play as than Vanilla. *points to post above*

I also just really dislike the distinction between the two, and believe there ought to just be "One Sonic" who can have multiple different move-sets (ala Mania offering drop dash / peel out / insta-shield).

Heres an off topic suggestion. Give knuckles his ova hat. Seeing how the game already has sonic ova representation with brak robotnik and Dark City zone. Plus, the game closing screen has knuckles with his hat.

Heres an off topic suggestion. Give knuckles his ova hat. Seeing how the game already has sonic ova representation with brak robotnik and Dark City zone. Plus, the game closing screen has knuckles with his hat.

It's a small referential detail. It would be neat to include as an easter egg somehow, but not enabled by default.

Heyo, small suggestion here. Would it be at all possible to disable Metal Sonic's jet flame animation in first person, or make it substantially more transparent in first person? As it's pretty obnoxious and intrusive having a giant flashing ball blocking most of your view, when you simply just want to look behind you.

https://gfycat.com/silverdifficultarcherfish

Heyo, small suggestion here. Would it be at all possible to disable Metal Sonic's jet flame animation in first person, or make it substantially more transparent in first person? As it's pretty obnoxious and intrusive having a giant flashing ball blocking most of your view, when you simply just want to look behind you.

https://gfycat.com/silverdifficultarcherfish

2nd this. Even though i play campaign levels 3rd person i do occasionally switch to 1st for trickier sections.

Could you make it so an enemy being invulnerable doesn't break lock-on in Simple mode? Having to wait to re-lock onto a boss while it's still attacking you and the camera's pointing anywhere but at it is frustrating. Obviously for some bosses like Deep Sea it's completely appropriate for lock-on to break between hits but surely that can have its own exception.

I'd appreciate a master volume control on the sound settings. It's not fantastic to have to fiddle with 2-3 volume controls or tab out and open the Windows volume mixer to turn the game down.

Why can't we see emblem hints during record mode? That would be very helpful, as I like to hunt for them in this mode as it easily allows you to pick any character and level without being pushed into the next one upon completion.

Was this a deliberate decision, or an oversight?

Speaking of record mode, what about having each character have their own best times/ring collection tied to them specifically? This way you can see your best times as Sonic, Tails, etc individually.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back