Game crashes upon invincibility end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

When I get invincibility, once it finishes, the game crashes. I don't remember the exact error, but it had to do with music, and had the word "buffer" in it somewhere. This doesn't happen with speed shoes, etc.

I'm using MIDI, and I'm fairly sure it doesn't happen with normal music, but I haven't checked for sure yet.

EDIT: Doesn't happen with normal music, and this is the error:
I_RegisterSong: StreamBufferSetup FAILED

Uh, from what I can tell, you might be out of RAM, because it's trying to setup a buffer to play the music, it has to load it into RAM to send it to the sound card. Does it happen once or more? Try rebooting Windows, or using the -mb parameter with a largish number, like 128.

Ok, what WAD(s) did you have loaded at the time and why are you using MIDIs? I'd use OGG instead if MIDIs were giving me that kind of trouble.

Conicpp said:
Uh, from what I can tell, you might be out of RAM, because it's trying to setup a buffer to play the music, it has to load it into RAM to send it to the sound card. Does it happen once or more? Try rebooting Windows, or using the -mb parameter with a largish number, like 128.
Neither worked.

Dr.Pepper said:
Ok, what WAD(s) did you have loaded at the time and why are you using MIDIs? I'd use OGG instead if MIDIs were giving me that kind of trouble.
I didn't have any WADs. Also, I'm using MIDI because I like it better than OGG.

Both MIDI and OGG are good for different reasons, but if MIDI is giving you problems and OGG isn't, you might simply want to consider just giving up on MIDI.

Try what Sonicpp suggested. Use the -mb 64 or -mb 128 parameters and see what that does. How much RAM does your system have?

@astar: I've yet to try that, thanks for reminding me.
EDIT: Reinstalling didn't help.

@Shuffle: My system has 4GB of RAM.

I've already tried -mb at very high numbers, such as 65535.

And I'll try updating my drivers now, but I already updated them about a week and a half ago.

Anyways, why does this only happen with invincibility? Why not anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back