Adding wav.s to my wad problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you're doing something completely wrong. In XWE, go to Entry, then Load, then look for the MP3 you want. Rename the lump, then close out of XWE.

Then your computer is either acting really, really weird, or your copy of XWE is really, really outdated.

Try Load (Raw Data)

Yes. What I did was I took like a 2:30 min sound clip of a bill cosby mp3, used mp3trim and cut it down to the line I wanted, and saved it as an MP3.
When I import it, there are things in the "View as text" option, but no red wave line.

you mean load the sound clip, rename it dscosb1? I've tried that, when I taunt, I just get static. If I got it wrong, if you could be more specific, please do so.

I have doubts as to whether that MP3 was encoded properly. Can you play it fine in your media player (Not XWE)? Did you use the standard LAME Encoder when saving?

I'm pretty sure you need to use .wav files for sound effects, not .mp3.. but don't quote me on that.

Do keep in mind though, that if you're using WAV files (don't confuse with MP3!), that you should convert them to Doom Wave format. Otherwise they'll play back all slow unless you make them at the right frequency.

That's not how you do Darth Vader Wrote: and then a quote box x_x.
It would be
Code:
[quote="Darth Vader"]NOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back