SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005   #1
falco1029
Default Single Player Character

How does one make a character singleplayer available? I tried copying the file from the shadow wad, but it just ignored it....
Old 04-06-2005   #2
Chaos Zero 64

You also renamed everything to what is supposed to right? If you did, you must of missed something. Go check exactly how it was made.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Old 04-06-2005   #3
falco1029

I just copied the objtconfg or whatever to m,ine and changed what i need to.
Old 04-06-2005   #4
Chaos Zero 64

I copied anything that was nessesary for Kirby and it worked just fine. If you're still so darn confused on what you did wrong, then compare how Shadow and Kirby are made.
Old 04-06-2005   #5
Ritz
cornstar

Why aren't character wads available for use in Single Player mode by default, anyway? If the character image thing has something to do with it, couldn't you just place a ? thing where the image is supposed to be?
Old 04-06-2005   #6
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

It's the way the menu works. It needs a description and other data, like a header for a stage. If they just displayed all of them, it would cause problems if you went over 8 skins as well as putting Zim into the normal display.
Old 04-06-2005   #7
JetKrazy

you're probably just not inputting the wad correctly. You add a char wad like you add a map wad. Go into the command (press ~), then type ADDFILE WADNAME.WAD
Old 04-07-2005   #8
falco1029

Ok got it working. I decided that I wil lmake this my full vfersiomn of sticky, and I'm gonna add spin to it (he'll transform into a drill). I'll email it to someone to host when I'm done.
Old 04-07-2005   #9
falco1029

Sticky is completed! Anyone volunteer to host at their site?
Old 04-07-2005   #10
SSNTails
What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
It's the way the menu works. It needs a description and other data, like a header for a stage. If they just displayed all of them, it would cause problems if you went over 8 skins as well as putting Zim into the normal display.
And to provide modders with control over what characters can be used in their mod. Sort of, anyway, since if you know the console you could change it.
Old 04-07-2005   #11
hotdog003

Oo! Oo! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!11!111!!!11!!!
Old 04-07-2005   #12
falco1029

ok il lemail him to you. (warning, prolonged looking at sticky's low quality may cause retinal damage, use at own risk!). And if There are any bugs I missed feel free to fix them (though i think i got them)

EDIT: Grr, his a and b sprites changed to capital again, I fixe dmine but you'll have to fix the copy I sent you before hosting. Dont worry, all of the things are right at the bottom.
Old 04-09-2005   #13
JetKrazy

Use a hex editor. I think hotdog003 can explain it, cause if I do, you'll be at step 1 again
Old 04-09-2005   #14
falco1029

I know how, i fixed mine, but i dont feel like reemailing ;)
Old 04-20-2005   #15
shadowsfollower

were would u get kirby?

Old 04-20-2005   #16
Chaos Zero 64

From my site. Also, use proper spelling, otherwise these people here will make fun of you.
Old 04-20-2005   #17
hotdog003

Okey. I'll go check my email inbox.
Closed Thread