• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA styled Sonic sprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footman

I'm bored with nothing else to do, so, completely from scratch, armed with a pencil and a lot of paper, I'm going to make a sprite of Sonic, SA styled, I post a couple frames as a preview when I get them ready!

In SA, Sonic's quills are longer, his eyes are green, he's taller, the bottom of his shoes are metallic, and his shoes have a buckle.

edit: Here's a link to show what I'm capable of.

His shoes have a buckle in srb2 too, I'm just too lazy most of the time to draw it.

Actually, Sonic only had the golden buckle in games after Sonic and Knuckles. I'm not sure when he got the silver buckle

Sonic had the buckle since Sonic 1.

You're limited to only 16 colors on a genesis sprite though, so they dropped the buckle for in the game. However, on artwork and promotional materials he has it.

Look at japanese art, not stuff from SoA.

He has the buckle in Sonic CD. I know that for certain.

FINALLY!Someone listens to me!
Here's a few other things that the Sprite should have...: Grinding Ability,Get rid of the evil Legs running in circles thing(Evil @_@)And put Grind Rails in some levels...No I am not begging for you to put these in it's just what I dream about.

Well, for one, it would be really hard to do, and for two, we've got better things to do with our time.

sonic's running circle animation is one of the most creative aspects of running that have been dumped in recent games. If you ask me, sonic should have the peel out animation when running with the speed shoes :)

Grinding? ah no

Dude. Like, Grinding would be cool.. But this game is meant to be like the old sonic games with a 3d twist, right? But of course..we could just make a grinding wad. Then everything'd make a LITTLE more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back