Ash's Generic SRB2 Questions

How do I use "fake floor" for railings? Do I just make the railing the main texture, and don't use a flat? Then, do I make an invisible solid FOF?

It causes tons of glitches. I don't know, maybe it's how small the sector is or something, but it also affects the floor and ceiling flats, and whatever other linedefs linked to that sector. It's graphical glitches mixed in with my railing not showing, and the camera getting stuck.

The heights are correct, the textures are correct (unless fake floor doesn't do what I think it does), EVERYTHING IS CORRECT, AND IT ISN'T WORKING.

Just to mkae sure, you know tha Fake Floor makes the flats and textures be rendered as if it was a different floor/cieling height, allowing for your feet being buried in snow, or floating.

It'd just be easier to make an intangible, opaque FOF with some friction...

If that's the case, how the hell do I use it for railings and/or make railings on FOFs?

I don't understand.

Also, be sure that method works on FOFs, or it's useless to me.

Maybe an example WAD is in order?

Are you going for grindable rails or just rails? Cos I gots the normal kind on my main pc, and can upload it if you want.

Oh, and it could work on FOFs. Just put a main texture then use Y offset to set the main texture's hieght to the FOF's hieght. And instead of using fake floor, use an Invisible FOF.

I think the THZ2 ones are a lower( or upper, can't remember) unpegged texture with a 16 fracunit invisible fof. It'll take me a bit to seperate the rail from the level, but here's mine in screenie, to see if it'll do:

srb20021.png

What do you think, does it look like it will do?

The only problem is that WHAT I NEED IS FOR IT TO BE ON AN FOF, SO LOWER UNPEG WILL NOT WORK. Also, Kay isn't making any sense.

Edit: Testing Kaysakado's method by downloading his example, brb

That's my specialty. *shot* Anyway, I'll try to mkae an example WAD for FOF rails too.

http://kpenguin2000.googlepages.com/RailExampleFOF.wad
Here, an FOF example. You can't use Fake Floors for FOF rails, so this is what I made. I recommend not being lazy like me and adding the FOF to the "collision sector." Also, once again, try changing hwo close the linedefs are to eachother so that the collision looks better.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back