• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Want to know if My character looks acceptable.

What do you think of It?

• Eh. Ok so far, you'll get better anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good. (Please post why)

• Horrible/bad (Please post why)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakling

My brother says it's obvious that he's a recolor, but he knows I used a character as a base and saw me making it. I don't believe it's a ripoff, other than Mechaknux's arm I stole and put another claw on. <_< >_> So here's what I've done so far, you can bash it or you can praise it, as I haven't decided on anything yet other than the appearance and maybe putting his ability as super glide or glide/climb. Obviously I am very far from done and just starting, but I want to know if it looks "original-ish" or if I'm on the right track even if I found out it's crap. I'll try to post updates if I decide to continue if It's not too horrible, as I already know they're not evenly placed and I probably need to fix alot more things I'm not aware of.

Tokback2.jpg
TokuroGFX-1.jpg
TokuroGFXstand.jpg
TokRun2.jpg

Edit: I tried to remake the back, I think it came out good O.o What do ya think? I really don't know what size I'm going to end up making all the wings, but any advice on which ones wings look best? I redid the foot on the last one, still doesn't look right though. It was supposed to look like he was taking a step/starting to run but I don't know how to make it look like that.
Edit: He is supposed to be a demonic hedgehog Creature (Hence the red wings), and I wanted the arms to be robotic, but I only tried to make one, then stole mechaknux's for the other.

It doesn't look like a recolor to me. EDIT: *bricked* I didn't see the first picture...

It looks... interesting...

The big issue here is that the wings and spines are a tad... crazy. Fiddle with the individual pixels until it looks better. Also, don't use JPG, it obliterates the quality. Use PNG.

As for you question, it's pretty easy to tell it's a recolor, but I'd say it's an acceptable amount of customization.

Maybe not a recolor, but it still looks extremely bad.. what's up with his left foot in the last picture? And why do his spikes keep moving around..?

The left foot in the second picture looks like the board from SRB2Riders converted into a foot.

It's OKAY, but honestly, not good enough. The different sizes also have to be fixed.

SilverStreak said:
It looks ok, but it's hard to tell exactly what it's supposed to be...what IS it supposed to be?

I could say the same about your character. :/

What IS it supposed to be, anyway?

Anyway, all the sprites seem to be slightly different sizes. It looks ok, just not very consistent. The wings should be the same size. :\

SilverStreak said:
It looks ok, but it's hard to tell exactly what it's supposed to be...what IS it supposed to be?
What the heck is your icon suppose to be... Some Espio metroid thing?

Zanyhead said:
His Signature calls it Squeeze the Squid.
But don't squids have beaks to attack their prey? Ow well screw it.
It some what looks cool but make it more " I Know What That IS!".

It appears to be some kind of demonic character. And if it isn't then it's just a buncha stuff randomly added onto sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back