• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Human Sky Ninja (Realskyninja.wad)

Should I continue?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

It'sa character design I've been working on for a long time. At first I tried to draw it, but it came out horrible, so then I decided to make a wad of him... or me... or whatever. I used the wire frames for a base, and edited the heads. I only have two frames so far.
playa1qv3.png
Standing front.
playa2a8mb8.png
Standing side.
EDIT: Added shading and made a new frame
playa3a7vv0.png
Full side.

looks nice at the moment. Try a little bit of shading to make him look better. At least this one isn't a recolour this time, since the amount we get at the moment.

HYPERKNUX said:
Try a little bit of shading to make him look better.
If you notice, he has shading on his clothes. I've yet to get around to the shading on the hair and face.

I can sprite. You should see the funny sprites of Eggman, and the sprites of Tails I made. A not so well known person here on the forums, Fugikuro, has been to my house and seen them. I'm not good at spriting without a base. :oops: [offtopic]I'm posting from my Wii. :D [/offtopic]

[offtopic] What's so special about posting from Wiis? I see everyone do it! Also, there are 1337 topics in Editing. I'd make a new topic about it, but that would make it 1338: leeb. [/offtopic]

This is my first wad! Don't go asuming I'll pop out profesional-grade sprites! :evil: I'm practicing base-less sprites, but I'm not good yet.
And please don't post random stuff like how many topics there are.

If you don't want our criticizm, don't release it. The truth is, though, that your character is extreemly generic.

1. I'm 13 and not sure what a generic sprite is, and 2. everyone is acting like I'm supposed to make professional sprites. I'm okay with criticism, but don't expect me to make professional sprites on my first character wad.

Generic means boring, usual, and OVERUSED. We already have too many human characters, yet no one gets that. Instead of them finishing theres, we get more from others.

Too many human characters? You know as well as I do, that's bull. If anything, we need MORE human characters. Seriously, I'd actually use this wad. Shoot me for saying so, but you people are seriously being too critical for once. It's one thing to complain about a recolor. It's another thing to go and say OMG THIS WAD SUCKS for yadda yadda yadda. You know what? You CAN'T make professional stuff without making crumby stuff. Really, you need to understand, he's NEW at this. The people using this, they're NEW at it. Sonow Hakura's argument saying it was useless to everyone was bull, and he knows it. The new people are using it. It's not useless to them.

Fail.

I wasn't saying this sucked, I was just saying that we have too many humans. Also, who cares if its not professinal, hes new, duh, I didn't say he wasn't good at it because it wasn't pro. I'm not pro. I don't care.

First wad is no excuse, but honestly, does ANYONE here make professional-grade sprites? I think not. Not even SSNTails does, really. He's good, great even, but not professional.

So, I'm not expecting you to make professional sprites, Sky Ninja, but that doesn't mean you can ignore criticism because you're "new". You can either always be "new" or build up your skills, and to build them up you have to listen to opinion and keep spriting until you run into something good.

Look where Roboegg99 ended up. Skill-less, unenthusiastic, hated and banned. (and the icon of "bad egg") If only he listened to and learnt from critisism, and made an effort to improve...

On the contrary, look at Mystic. His first maps weren't good, but now his current maps are great. He listened to criticism, learnt from his mistakes, and improved through practising.

I know you've been somewhat listening to criticisms, but let me ask this. Are you a Roboegg99 or a Mystic?

I'm listening to your critcism, but a lot of people are talking down to me because I use the wire frames. P.S. I am not a Roboegg or a Mystic... I'm a me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back