Lulzsec: Sega hacked - Not Lulzsec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udcnlLXUh8E&feature=player_embedded
Here is a video that shows what Anonymous and Lulzsec have been doing.
— Lulzsec, that merry band of hackers responsible for raids on [/URL]Bethesda Softworks, the US Senate, Sony, terrorists, and rival hackers, has bagged maybe its biggest fish yet: the CIA.
Lulz Security announced via Twitter that they'd taken down CIA.gov (which is, for the record, still incapacitated) a little before 6PM EST. No details about their methodology (presumably DDOS?), or the motive behind/beyond the lulz. Which, really, who needs more reason than that to take on the intelligence wing of the US government?
What the.. they hacked the CIA? O_o
Lulzsec is pretty impressive to me. They hacked several websites which include the US government. They even leaked out the entire list of X-Factor entrees.
http://gizmodo.com/5812380/lulzsec-hackers-take-down-the-cia

Lulzsec has been a pretty popular discussion lately. Mainly due to all the attacks/hacks they have done. I'm wondering who they are going to attack next.

HEY LULZSEC,IF YOUR ARE LISTENING ME,YOU ARE A [censured].
They ve hacked the CIA?Poor US :(
God,please dont let them hack the France...
If it continue,they will hack TV channels,random computer in the world,and even maybe SRB2!!

Hell, these people are probably the one's responsible for hacking srb2skybase.org.

um no

Anyway, a person seems to know where exactly lulzsec comes from. From the looks of it, it seems he's telling the truth.

(Brief prehistory of this group from an ex-scene member. I don't know who's currently in LulzSec, nor do I care, but this the precursor to all of these attacks.)
The public hacking scene used to have a ton of groups filled with "web hackers" and "ragers", SQL injectors and people who hacked hosting companies just to take down one hosted website or do mass defacements. A couple groups rose called g00ns and diditforthelulz, both of which were heavily influenced by Anonymous. g00ns invented the slogan "Expect us." which is frequently used at the end of Anonymous "calling card" messages now.
diditforthelulz are best remembered for hijacking the 4chan.org domain name, but g00ns were the most powerful entity in that entire scene, and had pretty much merged themselves with Anonymous hacking chat networks (like partyvan).
Both of these groups died: diditforthelulz pretty much vanished, but g00ns were hacked by zf0 a couple years ago. Lots of Anonymous corruption, money scandals, and hidden "black ops" groups that ran on those networks were all exposed and destroyed in that attack. The entire public hacking scene withered away after these attacks and it hasn't come back since.
LulzSec is probably composed of many ex-members of these communities, not only because of their heavy alignment with Anonymous terminology and culture, but because many of these members had already formed other underground hacking groups and released zines showcasing attacks against other whitehats. Many of them just quit the hacking scene, but some of the talented ones stood by.
They don't release hacklogs (edit: none that I've seen), and they seem to give up when they can't get any further into a system and just release what they have been able to grab off of some box they rooted with vmsplice.

Source

That was just the public CIA website that Lulzsec managed to take down, which they managed to do by briefly and rapidly increasing its traffic, from what I've heard. It's not as if they hacked into secret pages and got their hands on classified documents. I can't say what they've done with other groups, though.

Apparently Lulzsec is taking suggestions for the next websites they should hack. I heartily nominate that of the North American Man/Boy Love Association. I can think of no other group worthy of such an honor.

But seriously, stuff in this vein can be used to really scary effect. Stuxnet, a computer worm apparently created by the Israelis, managed to sabotage efforts to operate Iran's first nuclear power plant. That type of stuff could happen anywhere.

Last edited:
Hell, these people are probably the one's responsible for hacking srb2skybase.org.
No. A team of whining and bitching moroccans hacked the Skybase.(I'm serious.)

They won't hack SRB2, they only hack places of great significance (LoL, EVE, Minecraft, CIA, Sony, etc), and even then 50% of their stuff isn't hacking, it's just DDoS which is not a hack just an increase in traffic.

And for the record, what they don't tell you about is the hundreds of failed attempts they've had.

No party has stepped up to claim responsibility as of yet, though hacker group LulzSec tweeted at SEGA Friday morning: “We want to help you destroy the hackers that attacked you. We love the Dreamcast, these people are going down.”
http://mashable.com/2011/06/17/sega-pass-hacked/

Sega just got hacked but it wasn't LulzSec this time around. (Or.. are they bluffing?) What is with all the hacking lately?
They won't hack SRB2, they only hack places of great significance (LoL, EVE, Minecraft, CIA, Sony, etc), and even then 50% of their stuff isn't hacking, it's just DDoS which is not a hack just an increase in traffic.
And for the record, what they don't tell you about is the hundreds of failed attempts they've had.

They're taking requests at the moment to take down servers. Someone could easily just request to take down SRB2. (Not giving ideas...)

Last edited:
If we get 1500 people in chat.lulzco.org (channel #LulzSec) we'll take down cia.gov again for the lulz. Come be part of the fun!
Ah ha ha ha ha!

Too scared to be involved. :/
Edit: Twitter is goofing up and not updating. Not sure if they did it. All I know is that they are taking a break for the rest of the weekend.

Last edited:
As I'm too lazy to create another topic, I'll just post here.

CNN said:
The computer hacking collective LulzSec denied that a teenager arrested this week was a key player in the group, and claimed Wednesday it brought down the Brazilian government's website.
"TANGO DOWN," the group announced on Twitter, using military slang that has been appropriated by hackers to say they have interrupted service to a website. The websites of the Brazilian government and presidency were failing to load Wednesday morning, hours after LulzSec said it attacked them.

After this, they brought down the Petrobras's website, and then, they've released lots of Dilma's (The actual Brazil's president) and Gilberto Kassab's (São Paulo's mayor) personal informations, like telephone and cellphone numbers, identities, etc.
But they were not satisfied with that, so they've tried to get confidential informations from Petrobras again, and they got it. They've released a lot of login data and functionaries codes from Petrobras.
They invaded some brazilian state government sectors too. Then, finally, their brazilian website was brought down.

What the fuck they're doing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back