• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Region of Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy Dog

If you've read the Courses of Doom topic the whole way through, you'll know exactly what this is.

This is my first level pack, and quite possibly my last, seeing as it consists of 28 levels.

Story:

Robotnik has captured Tails and Knuckles and taken them to his prison, this time putting a series of worlds, which he calls the Region of Chaos, in Sonic's way.

Latest release: (v1.0.1)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fjoh7q

v1.0:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y8i2kd

The worlds will be:

Sandstorm Fury 100%
Molten Mountain 41%
Urban Citadel 0%
Shard Peak 0%
Goo Factory 0%
Green Plains 0%
Overrun Wood 0%
Nimawia Grotto 0%
Storm Palace 0%
Robotnik Prison 0%

Robotnik Prison Zone is one final boss level, the rest are three levels each.

Please tell me what you think.

It's too bad I guess. But I can say quite a lot of things about this. Plus the title kinda defeats the point of Tails and knux kidnapped if you can still play as them, or make then Sonic only stages if you haven't already.

SFZ is quite plain, and the hazards are cheap especially the 1st act. I can prove why.

This cheap hazard and falling to the huge 500 ft pits. I didn't like those.
Also about 60% of this stage is cramped.

Act 2 was much better, less cramped, but it didn't mean no cramped areas, it was quite cramped, but not as cramped.

Act 3 I'd say is the best act. It had some decent design in it this time. I'm much more impressed than the first 2 acts

Molten mountain wasn't too bad, but don't tag the crumble sectors the same, I died a few times nearly trying to get over the over side. Plus that cheap huge fire pit, add a few sectors, or make the pit smaller. Other than that not too bad I guess.

I'd rate this mod so far 6.2/10, not bad for a start, but it definetely needs some improvement.

HYPERKNUX said:
The title kinda defeats the point of Tails and knux kidnapped if you can still play as them, or make then Sonic only stages if you haven't already.

Yes, all of the map headers will include 'forcecharacter=0' in them.

8000 is too much. Most open-air levels only have ceilings of 4096, roughly half.

I'd say 512 works much better.

4096 is the safe limit for sector heights in Software Mode - meaning, all sectors in view cannot have a merged height of over 4096. Otherwise, you will start to see strange things happen. In OpenGL, however, you can make heights really large. Like, around 20,000. It's still good practice to support both renderers though, or else someone's head will probably explode.

tailsmastermind said:
ShyDog, I have two questions for you...

what is up with that ring and...

why is lava there?

1: I used a '5 vert rings 4 yellow spring' for that, although I didn't notice the ring that was halfway through the ceiling, and I doubt others will.

2: I dunno, maybe to scare n00bs and decorate.

Also, with the 8000 fracunit drop...

It works fine on my PC, I don't see why it doesn't on yours...

And how do you get those shadows???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back