SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2014   #4561
TheDoctor
 
TheDoctor's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
Now for a more feasible suggestion: Remember Use1upSound? I believe that it should be turned into a console variable. 'coz you know, maybe I don't like getting to my favourite part of a stage song and then it abruptly stopping to play the 1up jingle and then starting over.
I agree with this.
__________________
Portal Disco Anyone?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCVs...ature=youtu.be
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014   #4562
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

Question : if we're able to join Netgames with Custom Music.wads loaded in the game,then can we do so with Texture.wads ?
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014   #4563
frozenLake
 
frozenLake's Avatar
Default

No, due to the fact certain texture replacements can allow for players to see things far easier, and it seems a bit more cheaty: I mean, if you could replace the graphics without desyncing, someone would make a graphics replacement that helps point out hit boxes in a gametype like match.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4564
BlasterGuy
A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580
 
BlasterGuy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGamesLover View Post
Ugh ,do i have to Setup the Server each time i want to Challenge another Player ?,ok let's forget about this gametype,what about Railrings,these things are very Powerful,what about having them for a Period for example 60 Seconds ....
Now guys! If we are going to put in a Duels gametype into SRB2 (whether it's by LUA or an option for SRB2 itself), we should make unique maps for Duels because several things about Duels are different from Match and also, mainly because Duels in Skulltag/Zandronum have their own maps. If we are going to make maps for Duels, we should have several people make the maps for Duels.
__________________
How much SWAG you got? I know I got lots of it.
BlasterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4565
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlasterGuy View Post
Now guys! If we are going to put in a Duels gametype into SRB2 (whether it's by LUA or an option for SRB2 itself), we should make unique maps for Duels because several things about Duels are different from Match and also, mainly because Duels in Skulltag/Zandronum have their own maps.
It doesn't really matter if we make Duel maps or we don't,atleast we can Duel,don't forget that we're still able to make our own Maps ,so this will be very easy ... we first need this gametype to be in the game atleast, And then the rest is easy .
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4566
BlasterGuy
A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580
 
BlasterGuy's Avatar
Default

Well, who's going to work on making the maps. I really need several people to work on these maps.
__________________
How much SWAG you got? I know I got lots of it.
BlasterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4567
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

Oh and by the way,Current Match levels are good to be Duel maps,however they're a bit long,but Meadow Match Zone is Perfect for Dueling .
Also i will,once this gametype is Included in the game ... i can still do this now but ...
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4568
BlasterGuy
A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580
 
BlasterGuy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGamesLover View Post
Oh and by the way,Current Match levels are good to be Duel maps,however they're a bit long,but Meadow Match Zone is Perfect for Dueling .
Well actually, I'd rather play them on the real Duel maps especially by the fact that Duels gametype from Skulltag/Zandronum uses it's unique maps. So that means Duels gametype in SRB2 should also have it's unique maps.
__________________
How much SWAG you got? I know I got lots of it.
BlasterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4569
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlasterGuy View Post
Well actually, I'd rather play them on the real Duel maps especially by the fact that Duels gametype from Skulltag/Zandronum uses it's unique maps. So that means Duels gametype in SRB2 should also have it's unique maps.
Yep,but we can't do anything about this ,we just have to waiting ..
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4570
BlasterGuy
A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580
 
BlasterGuy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGamesLover View Post
Yep,but we can't do anything about this ,we just have to waiting ..
What are we going to be waiting for as of the Duels gametype?
__________________
How much SWAG you got? I know I got lots of it.
BlasterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4571
Sapheros
Permanently Banned
Default

The match maps are good enough candidates for dueling, and if you want to do a duel, host a modded match server and see how many people won't join mostly because of your mods, Trust me- It always happens to me.
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4572
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan
 
fickleheart's Avatar
Default

Please stop talking about duels as a vanilla gametype. It isn't happening. If you want to make a mod that implements it, you're more than welcome to create a topic in Editing for it (once you have something to show for it), but please don't clutter up the suggestions topic with requests to make maps for a gametype that won't be implemented in vanilla.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arf View Post
Stop trying to make slopes, guys.
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4573
Shadon
Professional ass-merchant
 
Shadon's Avatar
Default

I feel like recoil should be nerfed across all bases. It's just too much. I understand the appeal of something like a rail ring that can decimate opponents and ruin their day, but when I can't even get back to all the stuff I dropped, it just leaves me with a really annoyed feeling. Either nerfing recoil, or, dare I say it, some sort of actual progressive health system so that a single hit (give or take shields) can't turn the pace of a match around faster than any Sonic game, would be appreciated. It simply feels like there's no good way to get good, because pretty much everyone is already better.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddy Zaphod
Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltstorm
Go yiff yourself
Shadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4574
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadon View Post
I feel like recoil should be nerfed across all bases. It's just too much. I understand the appeal of something like a rail ring that can decimate opponents and ruin their day, but when I can't even get back to all the stuff I dropped, it just leaves me with a really annoyed feeling. Either nerfing recoil, or, dare I say it, some sort of actual progressive health system so that a single hit (give or take shields) can't turn the pace of a match around faster than any Sonic game, would be appreciated. It simply feels like there's no good way to get good, because pretty much everyone is already better.
As i said before,i feel like giving railrings a Period of use will really be Helpful,these things are very Powerful
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4575
Sapheros
Permanently Banned
Default

Honestly i think the Rail Ring does fine on its own, i mean, its a fast as ring sniping you in the face, and the rushing effect leaves you flying, besides, if anything should be fixed, is the pain system of the ringslinger gametypes. Honestly I'd rather my character lose 10-20 rings a hit so i don't have to scramble to hit my opponent when they thok away with the flag or go find another player to shoot.
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #4576
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

And about health system,instead of losing everything in your Inventory,what about just losing Normal rings ,then Dropping Weapon rings after dying ..
EDIT : It's not Fair,i mean after Spending like 7 Minutes in Collecting my Weapon rings someone comes just to Shoot me and steal everything i have -_-

Last edited by DoomGamesLover; 10-17-2014 at 12:01 AM.
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #4577
Prisima
Default

An "A_Attract" action, the complete opposite of "A_PushAway".
Prisima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #4578
CobaltBW
Community Noise Maker
Developer
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

I think rail ring should have reduced knockback at close range, because the additional recoil in close quarters makes it too all-around effective when it's supposed to be a sniping tool.

The other weapons' recoils are fine imo. If scatter ring didn't have knockback, you'd just use bomb or auto, probably.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #4579
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
I think rail ring should have reduced knockback at close range, because the additional recoil in close quarters makes it too all-around effective when it's supposed to be a sniping tool.

The other weapons' recoils are fine imo. If scatter ring didn't have knockback, you'd just use bomb or auto, probably.
We can keep the Explosion ring as it is,because it's supposed to look like a Rocket Launcher :)
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #4580
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlasterGuy View Post
Now DoomGamesLover, we all know that the explosion ring is much like the rocket launcher but do you think that the grenade ring is much like the grenade launcher (I know I do).
Hmm..Yes i think so ..

(DoomGamesLover received an infraction for this post: Keep your posts related to the topic.)
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some suggestions..... Konata123 SRB2 Discussion 3 03-30-2011 03:01 AM
I want some suggestions/reviews, please. Shadow Hog Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 22 10-31-2006 01:45 AM
Question about a few 1.1 suggestions SSNTails Help 11 01-07-2006 04:27 AM
My suggestions RenegadeC Help 41 10-18-2005 09:51 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.