SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 12-16-2019   #1
Pico
Default Orbital Hangar's theme (Grand Eggship Act 1?)

I was really impressed by the remix of the old Doomship theme used for Orbital Hangar used in Match, and I was curiously thinking about something. I wasn't 100% sure about whether or not this music might get re-used if you guys manage to work on Grand Eggship Zone (which I already know is currently uncertain). Have you guys at Sonic Team Jr. got any further plans for this song at the moment?
Pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019   #2
Llitechiel ꙮ
Oh, What a Flopnik!

I can suppose they just, yeah, have that as the Act 1 theme and then create a new Act 2 rearrangement of it sometime later.

Personally though when I hear "Grand Eggship," I keep coming back to thinking of the MIDI from Sonic: Emerald Quest which is called "The Grand Eggship," which I believe is the source when they had to rename Doomship Zone to not be acronymically-confusing with Deep Sea Zone. Maybe they can incorporate a leitmotif from it in an Act 2?
Old 12-16-2019   #3
CobaltBW
Community Noise Maker
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico View Post
I was really impressed by the remix of the old Doomship theme used for Orbital Hangar used in Match, and I was curiously thinking about something. I wasn't 100% sure about whether or not this music might get re-used if you guys manage to work on Grand Eggship Zone (which I already know is currently uncertain). Have you guys at Sonic Team Jr. got any further plans for this song at the moment?
DrTapeworm actually had a couple rough drafts planned for GEZ, if I'm not mistaken. The remix I had made for Orbital Hangar was largely just a standalone mix and wasn't really meant for the campaign.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019   #4
Pico

Understood. Thanks for the information.
Pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019   #5
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
DrTapeworm actually had a couple rough drafts planned for GEZ, if I'm not mistaken.
I hope GEZ is still at least based on the old midi (link to Llitechiel's remaster of it) cuz it sounds awesome, it's my favorite out of the S:EQ tracks.
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019   #6
Su_per
INCOMING MISSLE

In the wiki it actually states it's planned for a future version to be a new zone remake of the old doomship into Grand Eggship. You can see it in the tunes list and going to orbital hangar where it states the fact.
Old 12-29-2019   #7
Sting the Cat

Super excited to hear what Dark City and Grand Eggship's songs will sound like, even if I know it'll be a long time before I do
Sting the Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019   #8
Su_per
INCOMING MISSLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting the Cat View Post
Super excited to hear what Dark City and Grand Eggship's songs will sound like, even if I know it'll be a long time before I do
Fun fact, DCZ's theme is playable in the tunes menu. It's the same but it's signs they are already at work.
Old 12-30-2019   #9
Scoobert
Mr. Rule 17

I've also noticed through mods like SUGOI and Apologue Pack that Mine Maze's theme was remade. I assumed that it and rocky mountain were combined into Arid canyon (due to how similar the three are, and the fact that MM and RM were scrapped drafts for zone 5), and that there are no plans for either to be made into full levels. Are there any plans for it, or was it just put in as a nice little secret?
Old 12-31-2019   #10
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Mine Maze was zone 4, actually. Castle Eggman was originally intended to be exclusive to the demos and not part of the full game. (unfortunately, I can't remember if allowing CEZ into the campaign happened after combining RMZ and MMZ into ACZ or before)

I don't think there's anything secret going on with the songs, they were just kept for modders to use. Dark City Zone's theme is still in the game too, but you have to open up the game files or use the console to hear it as it's not used by any vanilla maps so it's not in the Sound Test.

Last edited by Goldenhog; 01-05-2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: i hope nobody noticed
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote