SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 04-30-2016   #5121
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox
Developer

Make a table of existing console variables and their values available in Lua.
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016   #5122
"Lat'"
Stop it

This might have already been talked about here and I remember talking about it in IRC some days ago; but it would be nice to have a hitbox height/radius option for characters in their S_SKIN or whatever. Not every character has Sonic's size after all.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016   #5123
CowboyJoseph64
Sonic Boll alpha tester

Let Super Sonic grab flags. Considering how much of a pain in the ass it is to get all the emeralds, and people can still drain your rings, I think you can get away with this. It's not very fun finally turning super in CTF, only to basically be glued to your base to guard your flag, because that's all you're good for at that time.
CowboyJoseph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016   #5124
Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyJoseph64 View Post
Let Super Sonic grab flags.
I don't think they'd change that much for vanilla non-modded SRB2 for 2.1.15 (if that's still a thing that'll happen), and super forms have been confirmed to be removed from Match and so on for 2.2. (At least Match, and I don't see why not for the rest of the non-co-op online game-types.)
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016   #5125
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

I also want to ask, if has have better and easily way to host server in SRB2? Or maybe add a way for 2.2? Because now, It's very difficult to me to host one...
Old 05-01-2016   #5126
Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManimiFire View Post
I also want to ask, if has have better and easily way to host server in SRB2? Or maybe add a way for 2.2? Because now, It's very difficult to me to host one...
If you're talking about the net-code, I think it has been confirmed to not be better than in 2.1. Perhaps it might be very slightly better due to changes in how the game works, but perhaps also slightly worse. Just don't expect online play to be fixed up completely.
If you're talking about making it so people can join you in the first place, there is (probably) nothing the developers can do about that (at least not which doesn't involve way more work than what it's worth for, probably will cost Sonic Team Junior money, and definitely will increase latency lag more than what it's like at the moment, thus causing more net issues).

Last edited by Zwip-Zwap Zapony; 05-01-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2016   #5127
Yacker
Metallic

What about Lua functions to control music volume (seperate from the players volume in options if need be) and the current position in the song? Or at least the music volume thing. Fading out songs could be useful for larger mods.
Yacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016   #5128
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quote:
Let Super Sonic grab flags.
Are your crazy? That would make the gamemode unfair and you'll just have people seeking for the emeralds throughtout the match. Good thing super forms are geting removed in match and ctf.

Speaking of super forms. I read on the wiki that if you collect all the emeralds in match and ctf you get a different reward. I'm curious to know what it is.
Old 05-01-2016   #5129
StardustSpeedway
Super Neko~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
Speaking of super forms. I read on the wiki that if you collect all the emeralds in match and ctf you get a different reward. I'm curious to know what it is.
I think it should grant you 50 score and some invincibly and speed shoes. I mean, I can't think of anything else. So, the new reward could be anything.
Old 05-01-2016   #5130
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgefox View Post
I think it should grant you 50 score and some invincibly and speed shoes. I mean, I can't think of anything else. So, the new reward could be anything.
I like that idea, just a few points and speed shoes
Old 05-01-2016   #5131
CowboyJoseph64
Sonic Boll alpha tester

I said just let supers grab flags because if people are SMART, they would pelt you with a shit ton of bombs until you went back to normal, the most mileage you'd get from him is one or two flags. But whatever, removing super entirely is good too. I wonder what the new reward is.
CowboyJoseph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #5132
Sapheros
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I said just let supers grab flags because if people are SMART, they would pelt you with a shit ton of bombs until you went back to normal
If people are SMART playing with their supers, they would use their extra speed and jump height to run through the other players, or pelt the offence with their own shit ton of weapons.
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #5133
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

...uhm... Super players firing off a lot of rings will probably do more harm than good to them unless they're a good shot since in order to keep your Super you have to have as many rings as possible. Getting close to the opposition sounds like a good tactic since you'll deal damage and pick up the spillage upon contact but it leaves you open to Scatter or Automatic Rings to the face, so it's a double-edged sword unless you're good at avoiding stuff at point blank range.

Super players being unable to pick up the flag makes sense because any character that's Super gains stronger stats and upped ability usage that would effectively allow them to get to point A to point B in a couple of seconds without having to worry about enemy fire unless someone's really good with Automatic Ring. The problem is not that they're extremely potent at dealing damage (which is still a red flag in of itself) but that they can easily get to the flag and bring it back in record time.
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #5134
frozenLake

Besides, being super is essentially an ability, and you aren't allowed to use jump abilities when holding the flag, so...
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016   #5135
MK.exe
The one and only!

Regardless. In a superform you are invincible so the likelihood of that team with a super will win.

Last edited by MK.exe; 05-03-2016 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Gramatical error
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016   #5136
Monster Iestyn
Fangtastic

Not strictly true... in multiplayer, super form players can lose rings if they're hit by other players' rings, but they won't be thrown back. Not that it really dents a super player much if they know what they're doing.

Also, *you're invincible

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016   #5137
Zwip-Zwap Zapony

I don't know if it has been suggested already, but can we perhaps some time get flat support for composite "TEXTURES" lumps? Zone Builder shows them properly (which doesn't suprise me, considering it's not a SRB2-exclusive map editor), but Sonic Robo Blast 2 just crashes and says it expected "WallTexture", but instead got "Flat".
Old 05-21-2016   #5138
ToBeFree
Linux enthusiast

Default Reverse DNS lookup & IRC-like wildcard bans

Doing a reverse DNS lookup for the client IP address whenever a user connects to the server, and allowing IRC-like wildcard bans on the resolved hostnames or IPs would be nice. Banning an entire ISP would be easy then:

"ban *.badisp.org"
"ban 125.45.*"

This would be an effective way to prevent people from simply getting a new address from their ISP by reconnecting to it.

When we're at it, banning some nicks with wildcards would be nice too, and logged-in admins should be able to use banned nicks. Ban the server admin nick permanently to restrict it to admins; ban "Administrator" etc.:

"ban *ToBeFree*!@*"
"ban Administrator@*"
"ban *@*.badisp.org"
etc.

If you fear that this syntax is too hard to understand for some admins, the new functions could be added to a new command, for example "hostban". The normal "ban" command would become a wrapper around "hostban".

Last edited by ToBeFree; 05-21-2016 at 07:51 PM.
ToBeFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016   #5139
Zwip-Zwap Zapony

So we have slopes now (and have had for a while if we'd dive away from officially released binaries). Glorious slopes, full of physics-based momentum. Though, some times physic-less slopes might be nice.
Can we expect to either see more linedef types with physic-less slopes, or a linedef flag or such which, when enabled, makes the current slope types physic-less?
Old 05-22-2016   #5140
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

No. It should be visually obvious when something will have an effect on you. If you don't want physics, use stairs.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote