Object Flipping Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
I've been working on a map for the OLDC tomorrow, and I've encountered an annoying problem. I need flags and player starts to be on the ceiling. I used the object flip flag on the flag itself, and I was pleased to see it was working. Until it respawned. You'd think that it'd spawn back on the ceiling like it did the first time, but NO. It spawned right side up and fell to the floor.

I didn't even have a moment of luck with the player starts. They'd spawn you on the ceiling, all right, but in a split second, gravity flipped, and you were falling to the floor right away.

The deadline is coming tomorrow evening, and I really need help here. Any suggestions on what to do, or how to get around it?

All upside-down spawns should be surrounded by a small invisible, intangible FOF that gives the player infinite gravity boots via linedef 434. The flag thing might be a bug, I dunno. At least I don't have a solution for that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, obviously the FOFs need team-only triggers. Otherwise, Tails players could fly up to the spot and flip gravity.

Last edited:
EDIT: Didn't see previous post

There is no ambush flag on the CTF Starts. There are:
[0] Unused Flag
[1] Object Flip
[2] Object Special
[3] Spawn on Ceiling
(Used for Z offsets)

Is one of these the ambush flag, or will I need to do it manually, by adding flag values? I just tried all different combinations of those available flags, and none worked.

Okay, I used the invisible FOF method, and I got it working now. The flag capture won't be a big problem in and of itself, simply because capturing itself still works. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back