SRB2FFH? Another new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
Hey it's JJ. It's been a loooong while. Been keeping myself busy, as Spazzo should be able to tell you, I haven't kicked the bucket quite yet. :V

So, to explain where I've been, after the community went to hell so to speak, I went ahead and joined the Super Mario War forums upon getting interested in the game. Little did I know I would eventually become a forum moderator there and even a part of the development staff. (...kinda.) As you could imagine, this is taking up a good amount of my time, as well as a couple other serious projects I'm undergoing at the moment.

However, I haven't completely forgot about this place either. All this time I've been waiting for my friend to complete the script I said I would use for the forth version of the SRB2 FFH. I waited a while...thanks to the fact that he lost his internet. It certainly didn't help that when he came back, he said he dropped the project and trashed it.

Most people would give up here I suppose. Not me. I immediately went deep rooting the internet for a suitable script package that would suit my needs. After all this time I needed to stop relying on others' code of whom I didn't know at all. But given my current schedule, I had no time for it. I wanted something fully featured, had what I wanted and reliable, in record time. Soon enough, I got it.

This has almost everything you would need. You can upload files, have a page dedicated to information solely on your file (you can even check MD5 hashes for netgames!), hotlinking, HTML built into comments for using blockquotes and images, comments, rating, registration, remote links for files, the works. best of all, by registering, you give yourself unlimited uploading space and you can upload files up to 110 Megabytes. Yes, One hundred ten. And you can download and upload with absolutely no wait AND hotlink. Rapidshare has got NOTHING on me.

There's a couple bugs here and there, the most notable one being the apostrophy-backslash thing which most PHP scripts seem to have trouble with. (If any experienced coders wanna help, they're free to do so!) The style is also basic default mainly due to the fact that I don't know any graphics experts and have no ideas for styles anyways. If there's anyone here that wants to volunteer for creating new templates and styles to change the look and layout of the site, they're free to do so.

Since I'm on a very busy schedule, I won't be able to visit this site as much as I'd like. If there's anyone here that I trust and joins up wanting the position, then moderator and administrator positions are up for grabs. The admin panel is very user friendly, don't worry.

I suppose I should get right down to linking.

http://srb2ffh4.supersanctuary.net/index.php

Take note that I will be keeping the old FFH up for simplicity's sake and as an archive. That way I won't break any current links.

So yeah, I think that's about it. Enjoy!

cueball61 said:
Awesome! Now use something other than the freely available file hosting software!

Haha, this was my original intention before my friend shoved a REJECTED sign in my face. After that I kinda panicked and went "Gah, now it's been months since I said there'd be a new FFH and I now have 0% progress! THINK!"

If I do release a fifth FFH, it'll be, for the most part, coded from scratch. I just used this because it seemed reliable and I needed a solution that wouldn't take months to get down considering I'm already working on a couple very serious projects.

Besides, four is an awkward number to release a revolutionary product on. I say do it on five!</bias>

JJames19119 said:
Haha, this was my original intention before my friend shoved a REJECTED sign in my face.

Is that meant to mean he said:

No way I'm not coding that

OR

The design sucks, you suck, you fail at life, the universe and everything.

Well, I'll take a look at this when I get a chance.

It already looks better organized, at least from the little I've seen so far.

cueball61 said:
JJames19119 said:
Haha, this was my original intention before my friend shoved a REJECTED sign in my face.

OR

The latter more then former as I couldn't even get a hold of the source code he designed. :D

Nice to see you back here JJames. It took me a while to find how to actually upload a file. I suggest you put it to the top.

JJames19119 said:
cueball61 said:
JJames19119 said:

OR

The latter more then former as I couldn't even get a hold of the source code he designed. :D

*shows his fake degree in PHP skills*

Full systems are my specialty ^_^ If you're interested, then there's a PM button below this post.

Things wrong with it:
  • You can't manage your files once you've uploaded them, unless I'm missing something...
    You can't make stuff private so only you and anyone with the link can download them.
    More stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back