Help with Sonic R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'm using the download, it works like a charm. Doubt netplay works, though. (I'm not distributing anything, so I'm safe. XP)

Hmm....I guess I'll have to wait for Gems. Ah well, what's a few months?

Sik said:
The patch for the Sonic CD (PC version) can be found in http://sonicology.fateback.com. Go to the downloads section. The only thing that do this patch is... the ability to run under WinXP without crash. :D

Thank You Sik! 8) I've tried everything to get Sonic CD working on XP and now it does!

Oh ya, by the way, Robo, if you want, i could make a ZIP or RAR (your choice) of all teh files on the CD and send it to you. That could help a bit.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I miss Sonic CD. I cant run it here since this is an XP.

Take a look at my first quote. It actually works!

Erm, if you could do that, that would be great. Thanks, Spazzo.
EDIT: Silly me, I forgot to specify which type. A ZIP would be nice.

Roboashura said:
Erm, if you could do that, that would be great. Thanks, Spazzo.
EDIT: Silly me, I forgot to specify which type. A ZIP would be nice.

Done. I've Made a ZIP file of everything on the disk. Now, all i need is somewhere I can host it...

Oh, and by the way, if you see anything like this when you run Sonic R:
error5fz.gif

Don't worry. Just goto properties, compatibility, and set it to Win98/Me. If it still dosen't work, keep on clicking it and it will eventually let you in. It's an annoying bug, i know.

That was my problem, but now, it freezes awkwardly.....at the title screen after choosing DirectDraw, I see a black screen. The music from the game plays like a music CD, and keeps going until I take out the disc. Also, I get the "unavailable"sound when I push ANY button. What do I do?

Roboashura said:
That was my problem, but now, it freezes awkwardly.....at the title screen after choosing DirectDraw, I see a black screen. The music from the game plays like a music CD, and keeps going until I take out the disc. Also, I get the "unavailable"sound when I push ANY button. What do I do?

First of All, try sending a screenshot (printscreen) so i can see it better.
Second of all, you should'nt take out the disc. The disc MUST be in the drive or else you cant do anything in Sonic R.
EDIT: Can I host my ZIP file of Sonic R on anybodys website please and thank you???

The music from the game plays like a music CD, and keeps going until I take out the disc

MUSIC? MUSIC?!?!?! Ooh do tell do tell :wink:

When you put the CD in a music player, it plays like a soundtrack. And there's nothing to see, it's a black screen. :P Also, I only take out the disc after exiting SR. When I exit, the music still plays, until I eject the CD. That is, the music plays while the game's not running. :/

Roboashura said:
When you put the CD in a music player, it plays like a soundtrack. And there's nothing to see, it's a black screen. :P Also, I only take out the disc after exiting SR. When I exit, the music still plays, until I eject the CD. That is, the music plays while the game's not running. :/

Hmm...either you have a bugged computer or I have a bugged Sonic R :P. Ah oh well. It's a shame nobody (YET) can host the ZIP...

I'd offer to host it for you, but I'd rather not host warez.
Get an account with Sepwich, or send it to yourself with YouSendIt and post the link here or something...
Now, if only I can fix my sticky keys problem...

Either you logged on the wrong account, Omega, or you are incredibly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back