Is a PSP worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never touching a PSP again. I broke mines one day, and I'll never buy another/get it fixed. It's that bad.

The only game I actually liked was Ape Escape: On the loose, and the loading times were so long(longer then the original and Sonic 06, mind you), they ruin the entire game.

If you have to pirate a system just to get a tiny bit of appreciation out of it, it isn't worth it.

So what did you not like about it? All I can tell from your post is apparently you don't like many of the games the system has to offer.

I'm honestly thinking of getting one myself. It seems like one of the best systems as a whole including home consoles I've seen in a long time. Perhaps just for the games, but the fact that's it's not region locked, and is easy to hack is a bonus. Not to mention it has Skype. I also want to download a lot of the PS1 games from the PSstore like Spyro and Crash.
I guess it just depends on what you want to do with it and what kind of games you like.

PSP is one of the greatest gaming system I have ever known. I am not shitting you. If you want to emulate, the psp has your shit backed up. Mine is also durable as shit. I have a slim balck one, dropped it hard 8 times, still plays UMD's. Had two friend that dropped their psp fats like twice, and their screens cracked. Also their UMD reader broke. Get a slim. And theres a certain memory card my best friend got for 100 something dollars that can hack your psp without fucking with the battery. It also holds 32GB. Worth the money definately. If anything, get a 4GB if you wanna emulate psp/ps1 games if you're low on cash.

As for games get some good ones from pspiso.com. Another forum based website like ours for downloading psp games.

My personal choices would be:

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PSP

check it out, Pretty much everything there is solid for good times on your psp

Also anything based of an anime.

Last edited:
I've decided. I'm picking up my PSP, but since K-mart has a layaway thing I'll use that. So it'll be mine for sure, just not yet.

I found out PSP can let you buy comics in the ps store, so I thought that was awesome because I love comics.

I've decided. I'm picking up my PSP, but since K-mart has a layaway thing I'll use that. So it'll be mine for sure, just not yet.

I found out PSP can let you buy comics in the ps store, so I thought that was awesome because I love comics.

Hey! I didn't know that either.
That'll give me another reason to buy a PSP.

So far, what games do you have?

Was it the games I suggested as well? Seriously good for you, and clean that thing every day when yu get it jellybones. Take good care of it, and don't brick it if you want to hack it.

Hey! I didn't know that either.
That'll give me another reason to buy a PSP.

So far, what games do you have?

Yes, I was surprised to learn that from the official Sony website. I was able to check their list and they had Spider-man and all my other favorites.

Aside from the existing PSOne games on my ps3 that I'll put to my psp when I get it, I only own Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Patapon 2.

Was it the games I suggested as well? Seriously good for you, and clean that thing every day when yu get it jellybones. Take good care of it, and don't brick it if you want to hack it.

Thanks. I'm not going to hack it, though. It might sound silly, but I when I hear that it emulated N64 and DS and I have all the games on those two I already want.

Regardless of any easy to follow steps, I'm going to probably be too lazy to mod my PSP in anyway. That and I'll just suck at it and brick it.

Or you could just use PSPComic.

blahblah jellybones isn't being kinky for not modding his PSP, Sure, that might be what you are thinking. Like I said, I just don't want to mod it. I'll be buying stuff from the PS Store anyways.

blahblah jellybones isn't being kinky for not modding his PSP, Sure, that might be what you are thinking.

No, it's not. I was thinking, "I have a modded PSP and it's pretty sweet. Maybe Jellybones will want to mod his after he gets gets bored with its limited software lineup!".

So what did you not like about it? All I can tell from your post is apparently you don't like many of the games the system has to offer.

The only games available at the time I had mines were shit. I'm not lying. The only thing it worked good as was playing MP3 files with it's music player, and even then I would've easily bought a MP4 player that could watch any .m4v file I chose, and not have to buy UMD movies. And on top of that, It could fit in my pocket.

It tries to do too many things at once, which sucks because the things it tries to do are outdone by cheaper, more assessable products.

I would only get a PSP if i had no other options, or to play Megaman Powered Up.

Other than that, wouldn't touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back