Suggestions

Just like how there's an editable music.dta, there should be a gfx.dta and sounds.dta

Delete+repost:

Code:
if (HOMING && RAIL && AUTOMATIC && EXPLOSION && INFINITE)
				{
					// Don't even TRY stopping this guy!

P_NukeAllPlayers(player);
					player->blackow = 1; // Yay, explosion!
					INFINITE = 0; // Take away your Infinite ring, so that after you do the WOP, you start doing the below.
					return;
					}
				}

else if (HOMING && RAIL && AUTOMATIC && EXPLOSION)
				{
					player->weapondelay = 2;

mo = P_SpawnPlayerMissile(player->mo, MT_THROWNAUTOMATICEXPLOSIONHOMING);
					if (mo)
					{
						mo->flags2 |= MF2_RAILRING;
						mo->flags2 |= MF2_HOMING;
						mo->flags2 |= MF2_EXPLOSION;
						mo->flags2 |= MF2_AUTOMATIC;
						mo->flags2 |= MF2_DONTDRAW;

if (gametype == GT_CTF && player->ctfteam == 2)
							mo->flags = (mo->flags & ~MF_TRANSLATION) | (8<<MF_TRANSSHIFT);
					}

for (i = 0; i < 256; i++)
					{
						if (mo && mo->flags & MF_MISSILE)
						{
							if (!(mo->flags & MF_NOBLOCKMAP))
							{
								P_UnsetThingPosition(mo);
								mo->flags |= MF_NOBLOCKMAP;
								P_SetThingPosition(mo);
							}

if (i&1)
								P_SpawnMobj(mo->x, mo->y, mo->z, MT_SPARK);

P_RailThinker(mo);
						}
						else
							return;
					}
				}
'nuff said.

I know I've suggested this before but I can't find it.

Nerf the Fly ability so ACTIONSPD = 30 is the same in 1.1 as what ACTIONSPD = 1 is now. This way characters don't have to fly exactly like Tails does.

This could give more variation to flying characters, but it does screw up backwards compatibility. (but it wouldn't be the first time it happened for flying characters.)

on Edge said:
Chaos said:
The ability to look beyond the thok barrier, useful if you want to make hills and stuff to look nice.
What dash said. Also, should you do this to thok barriers, you'd need to make it optional. OGL looks funny when you can see things that you shouldn't see just because the walls use F_Sky1.
Wouldn't the stencil buffer work there? Just a suggestion, you draw the sky and then the stencil buffer would "render" the walls and flats with "F_SKY1", that would help... Or maybe something with the depth buffer and alpha 0 (it is possible to do that) would work, too.

Combine the 1.08 and 1.09 version of level select: Have it be text based, like 1.08, but have the picture off to the right, like 1.09.

Also, when someone captures the flag, put it in the console, as well as on the screen, so those with fancy log-reading, score-recording programs can see.

EDIT: YAYZ, it got bolded, meaning... it's added to 1.1! :D

First off, your first request is already done; go play the SVN version and press Y. Second, emphasis on making your second request an option.

(Speaking of the SVN version, could it be changed to use SVNConfig.cfg instead of config.cfg, because I have keys set to Alt and Shift, and I have to reset them when I play the SVN version, because it seperates Shift and Alt into Left/right shift and alt and the normal version doesn't?)

sonicfreak94 said:
Kaysakado said:
First off, your first request is already done; go play the SVN version and press Y. Second, emphasis on making your second request an option.

I meant without needing SVN >_>. And SVN 1.1 doesn't exist.

Every feature of the SVN build of SRB2 will be included in 1.09.4a, that's what he's trying to say. Everything here will be on the SVN first, most likely.

When a player (tailspickup 0) or object rests upon a player that is spinning they should be tossed off the spinning player in the direction that the spinning player is facing.

This was an idea I had a long time ago, which prompted me to TRY to figure it out in the exe, at which point I decided I'd be better off just forgetting about it and just making levels. It would be to ditch some of the Sonic 2 Race things, which defeat the purpose of racing in the level if since only one actually has to do with racing.

It could be:

Score - *already implemented*
Time - *already implemented*
Best Starpost Time - Would record the best time from one starpost to another of a higher value...
Slowest Starpost Time - Same as before but with the longest...
Damage Taken - Lower values are better; grades like matches...

Or something like that, it would effectively place emphasis on racing but not just on getting a real good time.

Add 3 more Vars for SOCs-Var3, Var4, and Var5. Then we won't have to use Reactiontime and Painchance and stuff, because somethings are impossible because of the Painchance or Reactiontime slot getting taken up.

A fog option for levels so you can set the mood
Exmple: White not so heavey fog, morning,
you have a morning seting (if used the right sky pic thing)

Two things inspired by Sonic And Tails 2/Sonic Triple Trouble.

Item Signpost
Place this in the goal sector, just like you would a normal end sign. However, it has a question mark on it, and when it spins, what shows on the sign is completely random. Tagging the Deaf flag allows the exclamation mark (Shows up when you have 50 Rings or more) and tagging the Multi flag disables continues to be gained. Instead, the character you're playing as gives you an extra life, and the next character gives you 50 Rings.
Character you're playing as: Extra continue
Character next on the select screen*: Extra Life
Ring: Ten Rings
Silver Ring: Twenty-five Rings
Emerald: Fifty Rings
Flicky: One-five thousand points, depending on how many animals you freed in the level.
Exclamation Point: Warps you to the bonus stage, where extra lives and a continue may be gained. Only appears if you give the Deaf tag to the sign, and will always appear if you have fifty or more Rings.
Eggman: Big fat NOTHING!
* Looping back to Sonic when playing as Knuckles. Custom characters suck, and we don't want to play as them unless they're actually GOOD for a change.

Spin Roller
Here's a just-for-fun item. It's a sort of short, open-air carriage, with four wheels on the bottom. An enemy rides inside at first, going around in circles. Spindashing into the side or jumping on it will destroy the enemy and halt the machine. You can jump inside yourself, and move it by spindashing in one direction. But here's the tricky part. The spin roller moves like a piece of butter on a hot pan, moving at the speed you set it at in that direction until you change it. And it's hard to slow down. Why would you want to ride in one of these, if it can't jump and controls like Sonic from Sonic 3D Blast, only worse? It smashes any enemy it runs into, and can roll right over pain sectors, no problem. It also floats in water or toxic sludge, but then you can't change its motion at all. It's also just plain fun. You could be travelling at thok-like speeds along the ground, smashing enemies as you go.

You're kiddding right? On another note, give support for multiple characters in one wad. It would be kinda like Skulltag.

I think I might have suggested this before, but in charector WADs, we should have RINGSLINGSTATE.

This would seem useless, unless you add A_PlayerSpriteOverride, which makes it so that instead of using the sprite set to that state, it would use the player state like normal. Then, people could do one or more of the following:
  1. Not use A_PlayerSpriteOverride, so they could have a custom shooting sprite. *coughanimesword.soccough*
  2. Use a duration of 0(or A_DualAction) to use both A_PlayerSpriteOverride, and some other action to make things happen when you shoot. *coughmoaroverpowerednessduetosomeoneshootingoutaringsotheydon't loseanyringsandthenmakingtheringslingstateshootsomething (ormultiplething)withoutwastingaringcough*

A_ChangeDisplayAngleAbsolute and A_ChangeDisplayAngleRelative. They only change the angle of the frame displayed in the one frame, and not the angle of the object itself. I found myself needing the second one to make the Sonic CD spring animation work like it did in Sonic CD, and not stop if I press left or right. However... I ended up needing Flame's help to make an unnecessarily complicated version that didn't go into falling frames at all. It still looks neat, but it would be simpler and better if there was a way to only change the display angle.

New state action:
A_TimedStateChange: Changes the object to a specific state refrenced in Var2 when the duration (Var1) hits zero. Var1 acts as a countdown timer. Otherwise if the Var1 is zero or NULL, the mobj's threshold will be used

Var1: Change to the state in a specified time (in TICS), if none is specified, the mobj's threshold will be used.
Var2: Change to this state #.

I think this will be good for if you have infinitely looping things, you'll need some type of countdown timer to go to another state.

Apparently you fail at reading:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I think this will be good for if you have infinitely looping things, you'll need some type of countdown timer to go to another state.

So if you had an object calling a state repeatedly and you wanted it to go to another state, here's an with my SonicCDSpinJump.soc I did not too long ago for Boinciel:
http://www.flame.sepwich.com/srb2/socs/SonicCDSpringJump.avi
Now I have the player states looping themselves over and over again, but I don't want to have to create thirty other states for every tic. I'd rather use A_TimedStateChange providing if it's created, make a countdown timer, and move on from there.

I hope I convey this idea correctly... I'm awful at explaining...

Variables that can be created and attached onto a character at runtime. This would open a few possibilities, such as 'Adventure Fields' being possible, by checking the variable value and running a tag based on it. These would probably be set in the MAINCFG.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back