• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

What kind of wad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of wad is the main SRB2.srb file? I'm working on a port to the DS. I don't care if it fails or not. I still need to know. I also need to know what kind of wad the mods are.

Thank you.

I told you this at school. It's both a PWAD and an IWAD, IIRC. The reason is because when you open SLumpEd, it says to browse for an IWAD, but when you open srb2.srb in a text editor, the first thing at the top is "PWAD. So I'm not exactly sure.

A wad can be either a PWAD or an IWAD depending on how it's used, but in the end they're both probably going to be able to be used in whatever program(s) you are using. Srb2.srb is an IWAD and things likr knux.plr are PWADS. (I am not totally sure.)

Is it at all possible to convert them into IWADS only and to run on a DS with no real issues? I have the DS Doom source. It might just work...

Last edited:
I don't know about DS porting, but doing this SEEMS possible, depending on if srb2 is small enough to fit on a DS cart. Also IWADS and PWADS are technically the same thing.

Is it at all possible to convert them into IWADS only and to run on a DS with no real issues? I have the DS Doom source. It might just work...
There is not a facepalm image macro strong enough to describe my opinion of this post. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about and cannot possibly port SRB2 to DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back