• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2D Mode Angle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaryWater

Hey guys I am trying to make a modern-style 2-D transition but the 2-D plane is in the wrong direction. Is there any way to change this or do I have to rotate the entire level?

(Sorry for texture misalignment)

Edit: (Whoops! just realized I should've posted this in editing help.)

Attachments

• srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I must first say that I am not 100% sure, but i think what happens is that the 2D mode activates on the horizontal plane of the map. The horizontal plane are all the parallel lines from the horizontal line from the orange cross in the middle of the map grid. But again I'm not sure

Attachments

• Zonebuilderscreenshot.png
    Zonebuilderscreenshot.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 117
Without Lua scripting, you'll have to rotate the whole level (or teleport the player into a different area that has been rotated). The default 2D play styles have the view looking north, letting you move left/west and right/east.

With Lua scripting, I don't think that "Axis2D" or other such things have been made for v2.2 of SRB2 yet, so rotating the whole level may still be necessary unless you can make some Lua stuff here yourself.

Without Lua scripting, you'll be out of luck. Vanilla 2D mode only allows for movement along the X axis. But you may be aiming to achieve what Axis2D once did.

If you want to go the route of Lua scripting, it'll be some work, but I would suggest you take a look at what's available to you and hop over to the #scripting channel on the SRB2 Discord for added questions.

My suggestion would be to start with spawning a invisible camera object and targeting the player with it. This is so you can at least start with some sort of "Dynamic" camera to play around with.

It's honestly shocking to me that this isn't a feature that's been incorporated into vanilla SRB2 already. It's been in such high demand for such a long time that people have been making mods to do it since, what, 2.0? 1.09.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back