New gametypes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always make Sonic double jump in race.
*hides from people with rocks who hate this idea*

Or make Race less thokfest-y. Maybe slowing the Thok down or something.
*saves rock for a different idea*

OHHEY I GOT AN IDEA
Why not just add more obstacles in the Sonic routes. I mean seriously. Levels like Thunder Citadel and Frozen Night are just straight up thokfests (Not that I have a problem with that), they could at least have some obstacles, if for anything just to make you stop whining. You got a problem with constants thokfests? Either forceskin Knuckles or Tails, or don't play Race in the first place. I don't see how you can not know wether a server is playing race or match.

Takashika said:
Or make Race less thokfest-y. Maybe slowing the Thok down or something.
That's pretty much intentional.
Race is nothing more than Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles trying to get to lap around the course more than everyone else. Trying to rebalance the characters (ruining Sonic's ability to go fast, removing Thokking, giving Tails more speed, etc) would just cause needless inconsistencies that we could really live without. Race is obviously unbalanced when it comes to characters, but does it really matter? No, and it's definitely not important enough to waste time trying to rebalance characters just because a few people whine about it.
If you don't like Sonic's dominance in Race, find your own solution, because it's not likely to be in the official game any time soon.

You got a problem with constants thokfests? Either forceskin Knuckles or Tails...
What if you're not the host? What if you aren't able to make your own server? You can't just "forceskin Tails" whenever you want, and the host isn't always going to care about what you say.
You either have to deal with Thokfests or you're probably never going to be able to play Race again.

...or don't play Race in the first place.
What if you want to play Race in a way that's actually entertaining for you?
"Don't play it" isn't an excuse for "I think there's problems with it and want them fixed".
(Not saying I also find it a problem, but I'm just pointing out the flaw with your statement.)

I don't see why people are complaining about the imbalances of Race. Tails and Knuckles are useless in it, but why does that even matter?
The characters aren't even balanced in the single-player campaign, and people don't seem to care that much.

We don't care about the unbalance in 1p because that's how they are in the old games, (aside from sonic's thox,) unlike in S3 races where knuckles can't gluide and tails' fly didn't help that much.

We don't care about the unbalance in 1p because that's how they are in the old games
Now how is that a reason? Just because they were unbalanced in the old games, that doesn't make it better. I don't find the lack of balance to be a huge problem though. You could sort of see the character options as difficulty modes. Sure, playing as Sonic is harder, but it's also much more challenging (=fun) to play as him, and beating a level with Sonic fells like more of an accomplishment.

Well, how are you supposed to balance characters with different speeds in a gametype that's about speed? I see no reason to use Tails and Knuckles in Race.

This is very wrong, in my opinion. I've won countless times with Knux.
And believe it or not, mostly against Sonic's.

Use sonic then

Don't whine in a thok fest! do some of the things below...

-Live with it
-Don't play
-Be sonic instead of tails or knuckles
-If you suck then practice
-If you have a problem with srb2's race system then don't play srb2

I'm guessing people whine about the thok fest because they just hate losing. It's like that for some people.

Maybe people whine about thokfests because they're boring and prohibit Knuckles and Tails from having a standing chance against a character with superior speed and agility. There's a reason why I prefer most other gametypes over circuit.

I could edit existing ctf maps and make them 4 way, They are symetrical, it's not like you have to start from scratch. It'll be a piece of cake. :D

Hop-Scotch: Each player stands on a platform, for which he quickly gains points. (Like king of the hill.) He tries at the same time to shoot other players off of their platforms, so they don't gain points. Each player is his own team, and his platform is colored the same as his team color.

Why not just go the THPS route and get some collectible object in which you lose your special ability (similar to carrying a flag in CTF) and have to keep for a certain set time limit? It could also help hone your platforming skills without the use of flying, gliding/climbing, and thoking.

Maybe even a Team King of the Hill would work in which a team must fortify one certain area of a level the longest, such as a mini-base or node (as it is called in Ratchet & Clank 3) and the special items on it would be exclusive to the team who owns it, similarly how red and blue pickups are only accessible to their respective teams in CTF. I'm not getting into great detail into how it works, but whoever wants to give it a go may do whatever they feel will work the best.

How about Attack & Defend/Search & Destroy in which two teams have a base? There are many ideas out there. Feel free to take my idea on KOTH and twist it around or use it as a base for any further suggestions. The more gametypes (that are good mind you), the better for those who want to have flexible choices on multiplayer.

I agree on the 4 Way CTF, but can you tell me how it worked? I can't support you if you (don't) tell me, as I don't understand how it worked... ._.

It's normal CTF, But including Tails's and Eggman's team, in yellow and green respectively. Get a flag of one the team, take to your base and score a point.

Well, how are you supposed to balance characters with different speeds in a gametype that's about speed? I see no reason to use Tails and Knuckles in Race.

Couldn't this be fixed by giving the other characters multiple paths? Tails could fly to an area to have a shortcut. Knuckles could have a Knuckles only breakable wall to cut time. etc. Now you might say Sonic might be unbalanced now. But lets not forget about Sonic can still take the normal path. He has high speeds and can thok like crazy. Evening it out for everyone.

Might be a bit more time consuming.
I could edit existing ctf maps and make them 4 way, They are symetrical, it's not like you have to start from scratch. It'll be a piece of cake. :D
Did you not read Mystic's post? You need at least 4-5 people on a team for a decent CTF game. Now multiply that by 4. 20-25 people. Have fun with lag. And the second point, "All gain up on the weakest person" applies here.
The characters aren't even balanced in the single-player campaign, and people don't seem to care that much.
It doesn't really matter in Single-Player. It's not about getting to the goal the fastest. Its more about just completing the whole campaign. I also think someone else pointed this out. Being Sonic may be the fastest, but its so much riskier to get the goal. Knuckles can climb walls to get back up to areas while Tails can fly. Their handling (I think) is better, and they're slower so you can be more careful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back