The SRB2 Final Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS

I have quite a few questions about it. Will it use the same graphics and menus as SASRB2, is there going to be a faster netplay setup, will it have MysticRealm.wad already added into it, will new characters such as Shadow be added into it, and will rhe final version already include some of the better user-made WADs/tweaks? All that I have asked, I hope will be included in the game. Even if they aren't, I'm sure it wil be good.

It will not have Shadow or use SA-SRB2's graphics. SRB2 is supposed to be a direct translation of the classic Sonic games into 3D, so there won't be anything from Adventure in it.

The levels of Mystic Realm will not be part of the game. They're not as good as the main game's levels, and everyone knows it. I'd have to know what you mean by "user-made WADs/tweaks"; some multiplayer maps that are currently add-ons may be included, following the trend set by Sapphire Falls Zone, but otherwise I can't recall seeing any wads that would be desirable as part of Sonic Robo Blast 2 itself.

We'll see about faster netplay. Less buggy definitely.

Hmmm.....then will it just use the SASRB2 graphics, i.e. The Rings look better and everything isn't as blocky.

A few of the textures from SA-SRB2 will probably make it into SRB2 itself, but other than that, nothing said will probably make it into the actual game. That's why you can make addons in the first place, so you can add onto the original game.

In terms of Mystic Realm, the next release will not use the original stages, and be more like a full mod than an extension of the original game.

Sounds good then. ........I can't wait for it. Anyone have a guess as to when it will be finished?

I did tell AJ that he could lift anything he wanted out of SASRB2 to use in SRB2. He mentioned my new THZ textures, but so far, nothing beyond that.

I'd rather SRB2 used my new rings too, but I know AJ at least wants the rings to look a certain way - namely, like the weapon rings sans all the doodads glued to them. (Kind of a brass shine rather than a reflective metal)

I personally like SRB2's rings, myself. They're different, but I kinda like that about them. They certainly aren't in the "omgwtfawesome" category, but I like them all the same.

And when you're the only person who cares about SRB2 enough to want it done, you can have them.

The way things are going, it will happen. Assuming you have the patience.

The official answer is "The next version will be out when it's done."

Seriously, it's like that because we're not like an official team that can keep release dates and try to force ourselves to meet deadlines. So we just never make deadlines in the first place. There's no date we can give you.

EDIT: Who unlocked it? :P

Last month, I spent a day or two coding for it for the first time in about 6 months. So I guess the answer is "yes".

Of course, a441 has been doing a steady stream of stuff.

You know, a good way to keep the SRB2 community informed is through weekly updates, because even if they are short, the community knows if you're all still alive. (Well, the ones that don't visit the forums.) Since Sonic Team Jr. isn't the most reliable deadline-wise though, mabe you should do monthly updates :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back