SSB Crusade - It isn't awful, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
First off, since we all found out Playstation All-Stars wouldn't suck, I have a good track record for these things, right?

OK, so you know how most Smash Brothers fangames tend to be awful? Like Super Smash Flash, and all that? Well, this one isn't! I know, right? I couldn't believe it myself. I found it on The Cutting Room Floor, and oddly enough, I never heard of it all before.

And the weird thing is, this game actually isn't bad at all. It kind of feels like a cross between the speed and physics of Melee, with the Final Smash from Brawl. Sure, it needs a good bit of polish before it gets Melee good, but I've been enjoying it myself. The physics feel pretty close to Melee, there's some decent custom spritework in there. (Although, a lot of it used from other games) There's online play in there, too. If I could figure out how to get it to work.

The only real issues I have is that the controls kind of need work. Smash Brothers was really meant for an analog stick, and while it's nice they give you a dedicated 'Smash' button, sometimes it's kind of hard to pull of side moves. Also, there's some really... rather questionable character choices. I mean, I appreciate they got Rayman in, and the Duck Hunt Dog is an interesting character idea, but... did we really need Goku? Oh, well, he's better than Naruto. A little.

Get the game here!
Video here!
Also, a trailer!

If anybody tries this, let me know. I'd love to see if we can get some online play going.

Last edited:
Yeah well we know that Super Smash Flash is bad, but SSF2? I don't think so.

Anyway I think I'll give this one a shot.

BTW that download file has supposedly a virus.

Ah, SSB Crusade. Love this game.
Can't wait for the next release...by the looks of it, it'll be a huge improvement. For me, mostly because Phoenix Wright will be in it. =p
My main problem is that...well, it was made in Game Maker. I've played this game with several computers and only mine can run it at a decent speed (And, lucky me, I use MY computer a lot). Well, and my cousin's computer...but hers is basically mine in pink.

This looks like a really nice version of Super Smash Bros. The physics look excellent relative to what we've come to expect from the official games.

I will say, though, that the combination of 2D sprites in rudimentary 3D environments is kind of disconcerting. And I wish the sprites all had a unified style. That's a lot to ask for a fan game, though, so yeah.

I thought that Super Smash Flash's selection of characters, while more limited, was more creative and enjoyable.

This game was awful I couldn't even start this game on my computer. I saw on youtube of this game and it didn't look so bad as "Super Smash Flash". Super Smash Flash was a bad game. They both had similar sprites and "Super Smash Bros Crusade" has tons more characters to choose from. Unlike "Super Smash Bros Crusade" it had lag on some computers like mine. In of "Super Smash Flash 2" this game was made by "Flash Player" it was made to run on low memory computers. In my opinion personally, I would rather play "Super Smash Flash 2" then "Super Smash Bros Crusade". And also I can't wait to see what the new "Super Smash Bros 4" is gunna be like.

Last edited:
I dont think SSB4 is gonna ever exist...
Anyways,i like the fact that the fangame has something like "Critical!" or "3 Hits! 500 Damage!". It can help for combos.

This game was awful I couldn't even start this game on my computer. I saw on youtube of this game and it didn't look so bad as "Super Smash Flash". Super Smash Flash was a bad game. They both had similar sprites and "Super Smash Bros Crusade" has tons more characters to choose from. Unlike "Super Smash Bros Crusade" it had lag on some computers like mine. In of "Super Smash Flash 2" this game was made by "Flash Player" it was made to run on low memory computers. In my opinion personally, I would rather play "Super Smash Flash 2" then "Super Smash Bros Crusade". And also I can't wait to see what the new "Super Smash Bros 4" is gunna be like.

...OK, so, the game is awful because your computer sucks and you can run it. Sure, that makes sense. Why not. Also, why do people keep saying SSF had a better cast of characters? I'm pretty sure everybody in that is also in Crusade, except for Naruto. And he's... you know. Naruto.

So I've been poking around in their forum, and it looks like they've got a lot of threads for respriting the characters going on. And, barring the likely chance their whole project is going to collapse in on itself like some kind of badly built Jenga game, we'll see the next version sometime in Spring next year. Here's hoping they get Bowser in, personally.

Despite Nintendo announcing it, Sakurai confirming he's working on it, and Namco Bandai announcing that they're collaborating with Sakurai on it, it's not a thing that's happening. Riiiiight.
Well i mean i know its been announced and stuff. But i mean we hadn't news of it since... August?

Well i mean i know its been announced and stuff. But i mean we hadn't news of it since... August?
We still get a lot of tidbits by Namco about characters that will be/not be in the game and the Nintendo Directs have mentioned it quite a few times.

Smash Bros has never been out in a quick fashion. How long did Brawl take again? I highly doubt that Nintendo would cancel a flagship Nintendo exclusive. It is more that they are slowly working on the game and more news will probably appear at the next E3.

Come on now, we know the game will print money so there would be no reason to ever consider cancelling it.

we'll see the next version sometime in Spring next year. Here's hoping they get Bowser in, personally.
Actually, there's going to be an APEX demo in January WAY before that, luckily. Though the next official numbered demo is indeed coming out in spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back