Is an XBox (360) controller compatible with SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
I might be getting an XBox (or 360, not sure if there's a difference) controller soon, and I was wondering if SRB2 was compatible with an XBox controller. Is it?

For the wireless controllers, I believe you have to buy an extra computer hookup so that the computer will receive the wireless signal. The corded 360 controllers can just be plugged in to a USB port without any extra hardware.

However, the 360's triggers won't be usable because they're pressure sensitive.

Triggers...? I've never even TOUCHED a 360 or even a plain ol' XBox controller, so I don't know what you're talking about.
EDIT: And just to make it simpler, I think I'll ask for the corded controller.

Last edited:
Yes they are usable.

I set them to be the axis for strafing. They are the z-axis.

Yes, I use a controller.

Triggers...? I've never even TOUCHED a 360 or even a plain ol' XBox controller, so I don't know what you're talking about.
EDIT: And just to make it simpler, I think I'll ask for the corded controller.

A trigger is a fancy name for the back shoulder buttons.

The Xbox 360 controller has 2 shoulder button pairs. There is one pair closer to the ABXY buttons. Those are called the shoulder buttons. There are another pair behind it the shoulder buttons. Those are the triggers.

In short, yes it is, I actually had Alam add a firing axis so that you could use the triggers for firing (so yes BlueZero, they do work), refer to your game controller settings for which axis is which, hell if I can remember, you may have to experiment a bit.

If it's an Xbox controller, you sure as hell won't be plugging it into a PC, so you better hope it's a 360 pad. =P

Sure you can! All you need is an adapter, and those aren't too expensive.

Yes, but chances are if he's just buying the controller it's a 360 pad. I doubt you can even buy the originals in retail now anyways.

You can buy a controller that has an attached wire. If you have a Windows, than you should be theoretically able to just plug it in and go.

Though you'd need to map the buttons, but that's fairly easy.

Okay, I'm prob'ly getting the 360 controller (if I get it), because another cool game I play using the 360/PS2 controller.

The back triggers are analogous and, for some reason, use the same analog axis on the PC. There's some modded drivers to allow them on their own separate axis to use them for multiple functions if I recall.

They are not buttons because they do not have pure 0 and 1 states like the rest of the buttons on the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back