Split Screen and Netplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danfun64

Can one host lan server which allow split screen? Basically, eight players with four pcs for example? I think Doom Legacy can do it. Since SRB2 is based off Doom Legacy, does that mean its possible in SRB2 as well? If so, how?

If I remember correctly, LAN was available back in 2.0, but I don't think people would really need a feature that no one uses without very specific adjustments, it's just not that useful for 2.1.

They (the thread poster) are talking about split-screen in online play (whether it's LAN or not), not just simply LAN play. Which isn't possible without source code modification (and there's probably somewhat much to alter for it to work).

Where did the subject of LAN play come from? This thread is simply about playing splitscreen in netgames.

Best answer I can come up with is, if it was possible at any point, it was probably disabled because having two players on one instance of SRB2 playing the same netgame is almost certainly going to be awkward to some extent. How would F12 work if splitscreen worked on netgames, for instance?

I think there actually used to be a "splitscreen" console variable in really old versions of SRB2, but that may have been removed either to stop cheating or because it may have been broken. I don't know the exact reasons really.

Last edited:
not just simply LAN play. Which isn't possible without source code modification (and there's probably somewhat much to alter for it to work).
This post is wrong in many ways. SRB2 always have support for LAN Play since netplay was added. You just need the private ip address of the computer the server is being hosted on.

This post is wrong in many ways. SRB2 always have support for LAN Play since netplay was added. You just need the private ip address of the computer the server is being hosted on.
Yeah, but you didn't quote the entirety of my message. When I said "which", I was referring to my message, not just part of it.

If i remember correct, Doom Legacy's splitscreen once allowed other players to join the same session, All you had to do is to give them your IP Adresse .

Not sure if it is still possible in latest Doom Legacy or SRB2 though .

Old versions of SRB2 let you do both splitscreen and netplay at the same time. Not sure how well it worked, but you may want to dig through the history and try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back