quick qustion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

time gear

Eternity in an hour
does srb2 have a limit to how many days/weeks/months you can use opengl mode? i was wondering because for a long time, opengl worked, then one day, i tried to open srb2 in opengl, and instead of opening it came up with an error that said: "couldn't set video mode because it failed the test" what is this "test" it is mentioning, and how can it just "fail" after working for so long?

EDIT: it works in windowed mode for some reason.....

Either you got a new monitor that doesnt support 320x240 (unlikely) or something's gone wrong with your graphics card.

I've used OpenGL for two years now, so I think I'm safe.

right Admins? I'm safe... right?

Someone said:
... or something's gone wrong with your graphics card.
[/i]
it's still new, i don't see how something could have gone wrong with it, and it is the same one that worked before!

Try opening up config.cfg and change the resolution to something else. I doubt it is a graphic card issue.

@ Someone

You are over-reacting to the situation. The worst thing that will ever happen is that SRB2 crashes. It won't destroy or take out your PC.

Sonict said:
Try opening up config.cfg and change the resolution to something else.
how do i do that? there are lots of options, so i might have missed it, but i don't see anything that allows me to change resolution.

Torgo said:
Try editing the SRB2 configuration so that the height and width is something your monitor can support. Most monitors can support 640 x 400, so edit the values in the config.cfg to look like this.

scr_height "400"
scr_width "640"

Torgo said:
Torgo said:
Try editing the SRB2 configuration so that the height and width is something your monitor can support. Most monitors can support 640 x 400, so edit the values in the config.cfg to look like this.

scr_height "400"
scr_width "640"
uh.... for some reason when i add that stuff... nothing happens. (yes, i am saving the edits) what am i doing wrong?

You don't need to quote the person if the person you are talking to is right above you.

Did you edit the values in the config.cfg, or did you actually add those lines to the end of the config.cfg? If you did the second one, then delete those lines, and find the part of the config.cfg where it says the scr_height and scr_width stuff to the values I said.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the config.cfg file. SRB2 will make a new one, and then you would have to set up the controls again, but at least the video should work.

i edited it, and nothing happened.
EDIT: weird... i tried it, it didn't work, i tried it again right after, and it worked.... and has continued to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back