Nobody can join my friend's game, even if they IP search

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidenSoul

I'm unable to host or join using the master server because my IP was caught in range of a ban, so I depend on my friend to host. They could host perfectly yesterday, but when they tried to host today: it was a no go. She was banned from the master server (she role played on the master server, even though we all knew her IP and could join without her advertising it >_<), and for some reason we're unable to join her game. We've tried making her turn advertising off, but that still won't work. Any reason why?

Because you broke the rules, and each ban is a week. Get another ban, and it will go up a week, making it 2 weeks, and so on. Plus you should read the rules before playing on srb2 servers.

Hmm, I was under the assumption that as long as you didn't advertise the server, it wouldn't use any of the master server bandwidth. You can host without using it, right?

And trust me, I know the rules, I just didn't think we were using the master server, is all.

AidenSoul said:
Hmm, I was under the assumption that as long as you didn't advertise the server, it wouldn't use any of the master server bandwidth. You can host without using it, right?

And trust me, I know the rules, I just didn't think we were using the master server, is all.

Either you was using another server you got banned from, or you did use the master server, and got banned from it.

Sorry dude, but I'm confused.

Sorry for confusing you, let me try and make it clearer.

My friend is banned from the master server.
She wants to host a game without using it.
However, when she turns advertise off, we can't join even when putting her correct (she checked, we had the right one) IP in the search.

She was able to host fine Sunday, but can't now. What we want to know is: "Are we still using the master server by mistake?" and "Even if we don't use it, is there something else we're doing wrong?"

Make sure you're uptting the right IP in; if your friend is on a network/behind a router, chances are that you may be putting her network IP in rather than the IP address of the connection. (?)

For example, my network IP is 192.168.2.3. My address on the internet is 82.36.65.19. If I were hosting a game now (My IP is dynamic; it changes regularly.) this is what you would connect to.

If you and your friend are using the same network, connect to the network IP. This can be found using "IPCONFIG" with the command prompt. If not, you'll need to use the internet IP; to find the address on the internet, get your friend to use http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/. You need to connect to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back