Sonic CD Music Discovery... OF DOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever wonder how the US music came to be different from the European and Japanese versions of Sonic CD...?

Well, now, straight from my distored mind, comes the truth:

<Spencer Neilson> Okay, lesse how this looks in the retro thingie you were talking about.

<Sega> Intro.

<Spencer Neilson> Yeah. Intro. Whatever.

*watch teh Sonic CD intro*

<Spencer Neilson> Holy Jesus crapping in a lake, this doesn't quite fit perfectly with the actions of the little blue groundhog on the transmission screen!

<Sega> It's a hedgehog and a TV, respectively. And what do you purpose we do about it?

<Spencer Neilson> I demand that your team completley reanimate that in-rot thing so that it fits perfectly.

<Sega> Why don't you just rerecord your song?

<Spencer Neilson> DO NOT QUESTION ME!

<Sega> But...

<Spencer Neilson> SHUT UP AND GET TO WORK OR I'LL FIRE YOUR GROUNDHOG-WORSHIPING ASS!

<Sega> Yes, master.

*Team redoes the Intro*

*6 months later*

<Sega> *huff... puff...* All done, maim.

<Spencer Neilson> These pictures are ugly!

<Sega> You made us overrun our budget. We are borderline bankrupt.

<Spencer Neilson> I don't care. You must do it again.

<Sega> But we have practically no money left!

<Spencer Neilson> Don't care.

<Sega> But we've already delayed the game by 6 months! It's release date no longer consides with Sonic 2!

<Spencer Neilson> Don't care.

<Sega> But since we ran out of money, we had to make the engine cheaper and crappier, and the levels worse! This is no longer Sonic 2: Sega CD Version!

<Spencer Neilson> Did you hear me? I don't think you did. I DO NOT CARE.

So they all had to go redo everything 4 more times, ending up in total and complete bankruptcy, creating the 32X for lack of funds, making them lose even MORE money, making them unable to properly fund the Saturn, making them lose potential Dreamcast customers, making nobody buy the Dreamcast, making them say "Fcku this" and exit the console arena, making them team up with Nintendo, making Nintendo say "MWA HA! I knew this day would come! Finally, Sega is kissing our asses!", making Sega release Sonic Heroes for all 3 systems, making them a complete laughingstock of the gaming world.

And that is the behind-the-scenes story of how Sega failed in the market.

However, the good part of this story: They eventually did end up syncing the music with the animation, though they had to sacrifice shading, graphical effects, and non-ball shaped hands.

I have found the answer to all existance. Whoo.

(Horray, I gave myself carpel tunnel.)

The answer to all exsistance is...........

Epelepsy alert!

spam5.gif

If you can stay on track you can. I have like 4 games and a couple other projects going on at once. But I use my time wisely and I get a lot done. Thats why im releasing three large scale Srb2 mods in july. Plus I should have a nice online radio station running around the same time. After that... *hides*

Right now, SPMoves and TNAoStH are getting my attention, slightly more so TNAoStH then the former. Speaking of, SPMoves 12 will be releasing soon...

If I hadn't fscked up the code by accident, and if Alam was willing to help fix it, then it would've been out already. Go figure. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back