Dreamcast possibly being re-released in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gamebrink.com/?news=112
http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/11/segas-re-releasing-the-dreamcast-in-japan/

Good idea, or bad? Discuss.

Technically I'm all for it. If you study the console's life and the fact that games are still coming out for it periodically, it never really died 100% in Japan [albeit being on a sort of "3rd-party life support"], and starting to sell the actual consoles again could prove risky for Sega, but worth it if they do it right. Personally I think this is a way for them to get their foot back into the market, test the waters a little bit, and essentially see where to go from there. Though it's likely that I'm probably wrong and it's just a way for them to clear inventory, of course. I'm always wrong like that :/

Now, wouldn't it be cool if they did the same thing over here in the US...

And also in aus, but I don't reckon they should because people would rather spend there money on something that had better graphics, But I probably would buy if they did some more work on it.

I dunno, it'd appeal to me if it was one of those cheaper small models that Nintendo likes to do at the end of a console's lifespan. I'd pay 60-70 dollars for a Dreamcast that doesn't sound like it's about to blast off with all the CD-ROM drive noise.

Shadow Hog said:
IIRC, Sega followed up on this saying that they were NOT re-releasing the DC, thus negating the news earlier.
Really long URL
If it's avalible from Sega Direct, it's official, Shadow Hog.

Either way, I'm still importing Under Defeat when it releases for the DC in March. Damn, does that thing look awesome :P
dc-under-defeat-jp4.jpg

Not unless if it were connected to the pc and i played srb2 on it.

The only thing I hate about it is the controller type.

I think I will just stick with the Cube for now, If they do reaslese it again and in Japan, I will just go there for holidays, then get it Mod chiped when I get back.

Ooh, paint me surprised; another thing I see differently. Why, exactly, does everybody complain about the DC controller? It's better then the PS2 or Xbox's =/

It's not better than the xbox 360's and the gamecube controller.

The 360's is easier to control and teh gamecube's is way better.
The only improvement I want sega to make is the controller.

I'm all for the rereleasing of the Dreamcast. I get it pretty near it's death so I didn't get to enjoy it very much before they stopped making games. :/

I also don't understand why everyone hates the controller, it was a little uncomfortable at first, but I found it to work extremely well after playing with it for, say, 30 minutes.
The only thing I'd change about it is where the damn cord is.. that just doesn't make sense. x_X

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Why, exactly, does everybody complain about the DC controller? It's better then the PS2 or Xbox's =/
Yes.

It pales in comparison to the Saturn controller, however. Did you know that they're sold at the Pleasure Chest? They're sold at most every sex toy retail chain, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back