• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

May you please fix up my level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
http://rapidshare.com/files/4307079/EggMountain.wad.html

It still has GFZ music and zone names but it's called Egg Mount Zone.
Basicly, i'm terrible at wadding, :cry: but i'll update this when i improve. :)
EDIT I'm afraid that if i make a thok barrier, my textures will mess up.
EDIT I did an attempt of a tunnel and the tunnel and the wall behind me when i start the level got messy no thok barrier stuff and i could walk through walls. :eek:
EDIT The walls i mentioned above had that weird green water fall tex. *shudder* :eek:

psssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Not to be rude but all you p.s's make me think you need the loo. Pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Sorry. I just had to point it out.

psssssssssssssssssssssssssssss GONE!! :)

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
Not to be rude but all you p.s's make me think you need the loo. Pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Sorry. I just had to point it out.

Fixed.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Instead of P.S. put Edit:

Fixed.

Hmm... I think I know how to fix that Green Water fall bug... But you need to be using Doom Builder. And it would only take, like, 2 seconds.

CrazyChaosChao111 said:
Hmm... I think I know how to fix that Green Water fall bug... But you need to be using Doom Builder. And it would only take, like, 2 seconds.

I kind of found a solution to the crazy waterfall thing.. Could this mean i'm improving? :D Maybe so, but i'll block off the other side and maybe even build the thok barrier first. :)

EDIT: I'm also using doombuilder, SRB2Doombuilder to be exact. :)

Sorry for the double post, but i have a MOD planned. There are a fey delays that may hamper my progress though. :( The mod will based on sonic 2, the classic.

Levels:
Emerald Coast Zone: A beautiful plain with an amazing lake. The first act is a tutorial, while the second act is around the lake. Easy. (GFZ)
Toxic Tempest Zone: A plain-like region were Eggman has been pumping out green gunk. Easy. (THZ)
Egg Mount Zone: Look above. A mountain. Medium-Hard (it's sort of like CEZ)
Under Sea Zone: An ocean of water. There are a ton of SDURFs here. Medium. (DSZ
Volcan Barrel Zone: A hot blazing volcano. Watch out for crawla commanders! Medium-Hard. (FRZ mystic realm)
Christmas Slip Zone: A cold, unforgiving wasteland of ice. The cold water is just as terrible as anything Eggman could create! Hard. (XMAS zones)
Desert Den Zone: Based off the desert level in sonic 2 that was never meant to be. Hard.
Eggpire Zone: Eggman's horrid base. This is the final frontier of the sonic 2 robo blast.. or is it? Hard-Very Hard. (???zone mystic realm)

EDIT: Bonus and Emerald Levels:
Wood Zone (WZ)
Genocide City Zone (GCZ)
Greenhorn Zone (Warioworld)
Red Mount Zone (RM sonic adventure)
Mudriver Match Zone (...)
-------------------------
Emerald Coast-Lava Grassland Zone (green)
Toxic Tempest-Factory Frenzy Zone (blue)
Egg Mount-Spike Tower Zone (red)
Under Sea-Murky Abyss Zone (light blue)
Volcan Barrel-Boiling Chamber Zone (orange)
Christmas Slip-Fir District Zone (grey)
Desert Den-Endless Dunes Zone (yellow)
Eggpire-Chaos Station Zone (master)
-------------------------
There are 8 emeralds to collect, from green to the master, all stages (exept for the ??? zone, the FINAL final frontier in the mod.) will have an emerald stage.

Well, it's been two days and i still can't correctly do ECZ. I'll remake EMZ 'cuz it's too linear.

toxic tempest done 99%

Yay! I got more levels done!

Emerald coast: 100% done.
Toxic tempest: 99% done.

Toxic tempest's boss is Egg slimer, but with a new catch to the fight. Eggman will disappear after half a second, then reappear somewhere else. How do you get the capsule to appear after beating eggman?

http://rapidshare.com/files/5340562/Sonic2mod.wad.html

Review:

Emerald Coast: An overall short and frustrating level.
Act 1: Ceiling too high. Too easy on Normal mode.
Act 2: Ouch. Those platforms are murder. Waaaay too cramped.
Boss: No thok barrier makes me a sad panda.

Toxic Tempest: Waaay too short. Waaay easier than Emerald Coast.
Act 1: Not much inspired design here.
Act 2: Able to complete under 10 seconds...
Boss: Your so-called "Teleporting" consists of the boss going through the walls on a predictable path.

Final Word: You get too many lives from all the 50,000 point bonuses. Did you even play through this?

More than one of these levels could be completed in less than ten seconds, and when I beat the second boss...nothing happend...

jojo777 said:
More than one of these levels could be completed in less than ten seconds, and when I beat the second boss...nothing happend...

That's a problem i'm trying to fix. The egg capsule will be made soon.
Boinciel said:
Boss: Your so-called "Teleporting" consists of the boss going through the walls on a predictable path.

I knew that. :
Boinciel said:
quot;]Review:

Emerald Coast: An overall short and frustrating level.
Act 1: Ceiling too high. Too easy on Normal mode.
Act 2: Ouch. Those platforms are murder. Waaaay too cramped.
Boss: No thok barrier makes me a sad panda.

Toxic Tempest: Waaay too short. Waaay easier than Emerald Coast.
Act 1: Not much inspired design here.
Act 2: Able to complete under 10 seconds...

Final Word: You get too many lives from all the 50,000 point bonuses. Did you even play through this?

What did you expect? I said I was a terrible wad maker at the first post. :(

booby trap

Cramped, tiny levels with some of them lacking thok barriers. Cramped rooms with a bunch of enemys close together... Typicial total-beginner level designing mistakes.

EvilEnternity3000, you need to seriously make the levels bigger, for one thing. Non-Linearity can come a bit later. Focus on making your levels have some kind of length, and give Sonic a good amount of room to run around. LARGER areas (Please.), and less focused platforming. Spread out enemys.

Also remember, it can easily take months to make a good levelpack. Levels can also take long to make. At least give yourself a couple of days on each zone. (Well, maybe excluding boss zones, but maybe you could think of a new gimmick, for example, in that time)

Just keep trying to improve, and you probably will. Don't jump onto a levelpack too early, get the hang of basic leveldesign first. Don't be afraid to experiment.

P.S: Erm, for an easy thok barrier, (before making your level) you can make a huge square sector, set the height for the floor and ceiling the same (for a high wall around the level, do 2000-6000 or so, for a small one do 100-800), THEN start building your level INSIDE that sector. It will save a great amount of time.

Changes I will make:

ECZ: It will become like SA's EC. I have perfected water. :)
TTZ: Real goop, less cramp, more level.
EMZ: Now "Mount Darry", MDZ will be made like a mountain region crossed with CEZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back