• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Toontown Online: Sellbot HQ Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
While surfing the Internet, I found an interesting game called Toontown Online. That was a year ago. But recently I found that some places would make great Match maps. Starting with Sellbot HQ, there will be four (Yes, FOUR!) different areas in this rendition that can be used for FIVE game modes. (1P, Co-op, Match, Tag, and Race! Sorry, NO CTF 4 U) Unfortunately some are a bit small, so I combined them. This translates into a six-second level, which is all you'd take walking between those two areas in the game.
Besides, I've been looking for a use for that old Special Stage Music for ages.

DOWNLOAD!

Real:
screenshotwedjan3119503lq7.jpg

My Version: (Outdated because I can't be bothered to change it)
srb20047zi0.png

Just so you know, there's a free trial in the real game. I'll edit the first post with screenshots of both places, real and not real sometime after 8:30. 8:00 is when I join up with a bunch of other people and take down the boss that resides on top (Apparently. The elevator can't go down to get to the open-air room, now can it?) so I'll have screenshots after.

EDIT: The run's in Central time, in Bouncytown, just so you know. Here's where these things are organized.

I may. I've weighed the positives and the negatives, and I just might.

Positives:
-I know how much fun it is to just run around. And with Sonic... That would be fun! Super speed, super fun!
-No need to buy gags, just run into the streets and attack the enemies, possibly with enemy graphics replaced.
-Everything can be substituted with the right knowledge. Except fishing. I hate fishing anyways.

Negatives:
-It'll take a lot of time. The more time building levels, the less time playing ToonTown.
-I can't possibly make all the shops myself. There are just too many.
-It'll take the free time I once had far away.

Have to go now, the Senior VP run is going to start soon!

Make 'dat three! Nyah. Anyways, it looks awesome. Are you going to try to make the other HQs also? Lawbot HQ should have an Eggman statue. :P

Of course! Those stompers in Cashbot HQ should prove a challenge. Rotating gears might be tricky, but I'll find something. Pushable crates? Nah, I'll go for standard crates just because you can't push them. (Not with the current SRB2, anyway)

I've started the second area. First release archived and put in a new folder. This area will be big with lots of pipes, so that's good for matches!

I'm sorry... please... not Toontown... *gag*

That game has to be the epitome of suckage, and that's putting it lightly. How could someone get ADDICTED to that, really? I mean, the game is just god awful.

Porting an area of it was a, in my opinion, terrible idea. I must admit you did a good job of it, but still... *chokedie*

You know what would be cool though is, a remake of the "Burning Blade Coven" in WoW at the Valley of Trials *mauled* It's a cavern suitable for match, or some kind of instagib thing. Has a lot of water, too :D
EDIT: Oh yeah, uh, yeah, smiley_disable();

Honestly, I've discovered that no matter how bad an MMORPG is, by their nature it's possible to get horrifically addicted to it.

Honestly, I suggest against porting maps, because by the nature of porting it won't be as good as something made from scratch, but go ahead and try.

Chaos said:
A got in the door, what do you do next?

It's small with nothing to do. :/

Single Player, Co-op: Go to the Factory, on your right when you start. It's actually misleading, because you can't enter the battle with the VP on the top of the building until you have enough merits, gained by entering the Factory and completing it.
Race: See if you can cross the small area before everyone else.
Tag, Match: Two areas that are linked via a teleporter means that nobody can get around the arena very fast. Couple that with the half-second stop time when you enter, and you have a map that nobody can completely dominate.

I've decided to split this up somewhat. Match maps and Race/Co-op/1P maps will be separate, just because nobody wants to complete a level in 3 seconds.

Progress on Sellbot HQ Map 2 is coming along fantastically. Lots of textures have been changed on Map 1. I'll move these maps when I feel like it. The Factory, Mint, DA office, and the boss battles will be separate maps. Other than that, it'll be like one big map.
One question though, how do you get teleporters to work in Match mode? They don't seem to work as far as actually TELEPORTING you... Oh, and a new release will come soon.

Double post, but meh. For now, the outside of the first area has been fixed up, and the second area has been started. It's about half finished. I can always change the map numbers later. Really, be honest, is it good? I really can't judge my own maps.

Come on, I know you've been wanting to run around in here for ages... =D

The rest of the Rings and the enemies in the second area will come later. Should I change the Rail Rings to Bomb Rings? Should I make two versions of the Sellbot Factory? Should I change one exit to a custom exit? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

These are just the Match levels so far. The rest will come when I have finished all 4 of the Sellbot HQ maps. I'll compile them into one Co-op/Race/1P map, and then I'll start on the playground/street maps.

Oh, and I need your opinions. Should the ramp in the VS. Sellbot VP arena be on the left, right, or front? (View from stepping out of the elevator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back