Open .ridr files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
I can't seem to use custom textures in SRB2 riders because I have vanilla SRB2's PNAMES and TEXTURE2 in SlumpED. I deleted them because they kept crashing the game, and I learned that rider's PNAMES and TEXTURE2 are in the file riderslevels.ridr. How do I get the PNAMES and TEXTURE2 from the file into SlumpED?

.ridr files are basically renamed wad files. You should be able to get them just like anything else in a wad. Just save them, load 'em in your wad, and modify as you need to.

How about switching to a different lump editor so you don't have to rename every non-.wad file you want to open?

.ridr files are basically renamed wad files. You should be able to get them just like anything else in a wad. Just save them, load 'em in your wad, and modify as you need to.
So I load riderslevels.ridr into SlumpED? Because when I do, it just says it's a wad file with lots of data to it. How do I modify it to retrieve the PNAMES and TEXTURE1 from it (It seems I can open the thing in Doom Builder, but I still don't know how to get the PNAMES or anything from it)?

I use XWE, and I just open it in there. I dunno how to use SLumpEd for it, but I assume just renaming it .wad would work, though you might wanna copy the file first. Also, Riders uses Texture2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back