What Happened?/Where is the MS?/Where is the Wiki?/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is correct. Actually, this was the only way to join netgames prior to 1.09.

Hopefully the Master Server will be back up soon. I'm pretty sure everything else has already been brought back online (except paste.srb2.org), so I imagine it won't take too long.
oh ok! thanks for the info!!

Ugh, if only I'd knew how to host servers, I'd try to get the TF2 server back up.

That was the cool place for me and my friends to hang at, now we all just go to random servers :(

I was looking through the SRB2 Source Code and found the source for the MS. Couldn't this help?

umm I'm not much of a programmer atleast when it comes to servers but that may help, so I have to ask why didn't you post this sooner?

I was looking through the SRB2 Source Code and found the source for the MS. Couldn't this help?

No, the code for the proper MS is private, because we don't promote the use of multiple servers due to it pretty much ruining the MS for everyone because everyone is split between multiple servers. That and hell if I'm supporting that thing, it's not the easiest thing in the world to operate without the frontend.

What you see is the code that only works pre-2.0.5.

No, the code for the proper MS is private, because we don't promote the use of multiple servers due to it pretty much ruining the MS for everyone because everyone is split between multiple servers. That and hell if I'm supporting that thing, it's not the easiest thing in the world to operate without the frontend.

What you see is the code that only works pre-2.0.5.

So, you are saying it would be practically impossible for someone else to construct an alternate MS?

How i join irc? What is it?

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. It's basically a text-based chatroom that you can join using Mibbit or whatever IRC client you pefer. They have an SRB2 IRC channel setup that you can join and gather people for IP netgames.

repos.srb2.org will be out for a little while longer, sorry guys. I don't have the time to reconstruct it while I'm at school, but school holidays soon, I can fix everything then.

After things are back to normal will the svn still be available at svn://code.srb2.org/ along with http://trac.srb2.org/ or will the addresses have to change?

Just want to make sure I keep checking the right pages.

Also thank you guys for restoring the mb and wiki this quickly after the hard drive went toast. ^___^

After things are back to normal will the svn still be available at svn://code.srb2.org/ along with http://trac.srb2.org/ or will the addresses have to change?

Just want to make sure I keep checking the right pages.

Also thank you guys for restoring the mb and wiki this quickly after the hard drive went toast. ^___^

the subversion repos is back up but I want a better 'trac' then trac. so trac.srb2.org is not coming up for now

Sorry but, use better grammar!

I see admins typing without caps

oooo and when i type without decent grammar i get a warning.

That is not fair. Also Every once in a while I can get onto the ms. Is this normal?

That is not fair. Also Every once in a while I can get onto the ms. Is this normal?

That because I am asshole of a server administrator, so there!

his grammar is fine and he capitalizes his I's unlike you.

Just needed my recommended weekly allowance of smartarsery.

Meh just wanted to prove my point.

Well, there's a difference between just missing capital letters and punctuation

The subversion repos is back up, but I want a better 'trac' then trac. So trac.srb2.org is not coming up for now.

and looking messy, putting a comma one word too late, or even saying the opposite of what you meant by missing out a 't

< Inconsistent!

oh, and you really ought to tell people to practice what they preach only if you actually do. I mean, if you're not a native English speaker, don't try and police people's grammar. Even a lot of natives are bloody horrible at it, as well.

Last edited:
Last I checked this thread wasn't for talking about our crazed server admin's grammatical issues.

Let's keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back