Nexuiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am playing a game called 'Nexuiz'. It's pretty good. It's based off some kind of fusion between Quake 1,2,3 and Half-Life(modified quake2). Post any good screenshots here or whatever.

I don't think it's a mix of half-life.

I don't see the appeal of these free 'arena' FPS games (like Open Arena, World of Padman, and Sauerbraten), the design seems shallow and the execution is lacking with them. They all feel like they're missing something.

Some people find shooting each other with no real objective fun, just like in Srb2's match mode. I personally like games that have some sort of objective, like CTF, or control points. But hey, just opinions.

To me, the issue is how they design the games. Most open source shooters tend to make the players move extremely fast, with lacking weapon variety or balance (EG. all the bad weapons are the rifles, etc., and the explosive weapons are the most overpowered). There just really isn't much satisfaction in killing other players in this kind of setup (it would be a lot more fun if the gameplay were more refined) and they just feel sloppy in general.

I think TeeWorlds is the only open source shooter I've actually enjoyed playing, to some extent.

To me, the issue is how they design the games. Most open source shooters tend to make the players move extremely fast, with lacking weapon variety or balance (EG. all the bad weapons are the rifles, etc., and the explosive weapons are the most overpowered). There just really isn't much satisfaction in killing other players in this kind of setup (it would be a lot more fun if the gameplay were more refined) and they just feel sloppy in general.

I think TeeWorlds is the only open source shooter I've actually enjoyed playing, to some extent.

You should try out Quake Live.

I am playing a game called 'Nexuiz'. It's pretty good. It's based off some kind of fusion between Quake 1,2,3 and Half-Life(modified quake2). Post any good screenshots here or whatever.

Thanks for being so descriptive.

First of all, we never play Open Arena - It's Q3Min.
It's Half-Life as you can play Half-Life 1 levels in it.
Also, no-one has mentioned 'Cube'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back