Flat corruption?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you have most of the game's flats and textures included in the wad, which is why it's over 30 MB right now. Why?

Also, your floors are corrupted because they're saved as textures instead of flats. For reference:

Wall graphics = Textures
Floor and ceiling graphics = Flats

It's a DooM thing, not something we made up. They're handled differently.

Are you sure furiousfox? In the wad it says they are saved as floors. Oh and I am using XWE if that helps. Do I need PNAMES? Also the wad crashes without the other 30 MB for some reason... I get a "out of allocated memory error 485348963748569..."

Not only is PNAMES a file not relevant to SRB2 anymore (the system for adding custom textures to the game changed for 2.1), but it was never anything to do with adding custom flats anyway.

Haven't checked out the file myself, but did you make sure the flats were between F_START and F_END? And are they in SRB2's palette? (rather than, say, the Doom palette, which SRB2 hasn't used since 2.0)

It may be a good idea to check out the SRB2 wiki's current documentation on adding custom textures and flats just in case, it should be up to date for 2.1: (page for SLADE) (page for XWE)

Last edited:
Fixed, it turns out when I copied and pasted these things in from srb2.srb I guess they needed to be saved as doom flats and not floors. Odd bug I never hit before actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back