SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #401
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

I do feel as though the player should be rewarded for collecting all the chaos emeralds regardless of their choice of character, and I would like to see super forms for Amy and Fang, however I don't feel as though it's entirely necessary that the characters themselves are what turn super. I've mentioned in this thread before that I'm a fan of the idea of Amy's hammer being super powered, perhaps giving it a much larger attack radius and allowing her to launch much further with springs. I also wouldn't mind Fang getting his bike in some form.

As for Tails, I would really like to see the flicky army of death make a return. He doesn't necessarily need the full invincibility and buffed stats, just give him the flickies that auto-attack nearby enemies. It would feel close enough to being invincible, I think, and it would be a great tradeoff compared to Super Sonic. Instead of being actually invincible and having buffed stats, he is just super aggressive towards nearby enemies.

I wouldn't mind a revamp for Super Metal either. Perhaps give him all the benefits of boost mode without needing to go fast?
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #402
Shapeshifter Boi
Call me Neon
 
Shapeshifter Boi's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyJoseph64 View Post
It's probably a little silly making an entire thread for this, but I don't quite see any appropriate thread to add on to, and trying to search for an answer in the discord wasn't yielding very good results.

It just seems incredibly strange to me, because at the very least, knuckles could always turn super with all chaos emeralds.
Guess what we will see that, maybe not Super Tails (if he did get one it probably would have happened after finishing BHZ) but other characters will get them soon enough it seems, as knuckles has his own now.


I'm still kinda mad they got rid of match super forms, feels so underpowered, that was great, maybe super whirlwind could come back sometime, also super metal is so laaaaaaaaame
__________________
What if chaos mode existed.


"Hey lets play Generations!"
The console red rings mid-game.
Shapeshifter Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #403
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaballer View Post
I'll be real chief this is a pretty spicy take. Regardless of Tails being easy mode or not there should still be a reward for going out of your way to get the 7 emeralds. Same goes for Amy and Fang. Not rewarding a character with super because of how they normally play or non-existing canon feels like old guard reasoning.
A spicy take you say? Not really, Tails was always the "easy mode" when he was playable, the ability to fly is almost a cheat for the game.


Wondering why Tails never get his own ending in Sonic 2 or Sonic CD 2011? Tails also don't go in Doomsday Zone even with every Chaos Emeralds. Tails in SA1 got some recognition for saving Station Square but unlike Sonic he never saved the world.
Spoiler:
Station Square gets flooded and destroyed in the true ending anyway


Tails did not deserve to get his super form until you get the Super Emeralds and even then he's very overpowered because that's the point of them in S3&K.


Finally I think that the Super.lua is a good alternative.
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!

Last edited by Icarus; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:02 PM.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #404
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
A spicy take you say? Not really, Tails was always the "easy mode" when he was playable, the ability to fly is almost a cheat for the game.


Wondering why Tails never get his own ending in Sonic 2 or Sonic CD 2011? Tails also don't go in Doomsday Zone even with every Chaos Emeralds. Tails in SA1 got some recognition for saving Station Square but unlike Sonic he never saved the world.
Spoiler:
Station Square gets flooded and destroyed in the true ending anyway


Tails did not deserve to get his super form until you get the Super Emeralds and even then he's very overpowered because that's the point of them in S3&K.


Finally I think that the Super.lua is a good alternative.
While I do feel as though the official games are something to draw inspiration from, especially in regards to general game design, I don't feel as though they are something to copy religiously, especially considering SRB2 is a very different game than anything we ever saw on the Genesis/Mega Drive, and certainly shouldn't be held to the same limitations.

The whole point of Super Forms in general is that they are OP rewards, this is not something that was unique to the Super Emeralds. Even the devs of Mania seem to have agreed in some capacity that the idea of not giving everyone a near-equal reward for collecting all the emeralds is rather outdated, as not only can Tails transform with just the regular emeralds, but Mighty and Ray can transform too. Everyone has their super forms in that game.

I feel like the conversation should be how each character should be handled in regards to getting powered up by the emeralds in SRB2, rather than whether or not they should be rewarded at all just because some of the old games didn't reward Tails or took longer to.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #405
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
While I do feel as though the official games are something to draw inspiration from, especially in regards to general game design, I don't feel as though they are something to copy religiously, especially considering SRB2 is a very different game than anything we ever saw on the Genesis/Mega Drive, and certainly shouldn't be held to the same limitations.
SRB2 is still a Classic Sonic game (that could have been on the Saturn) and the design philosophy of the Genesis games were just perfect to follow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
The whole point of Super Forms in general is that they are OP rewards, this is not something that was unique to the Super Emeralds. Even the devs of Mania seem to have agreed in some capacity that the idea of not giving everyone a near-equal reward for collecting all the emeralds is rather outdated, as not only can Tails transform with just the regular emeralds, but Mighty and Ray can transform too. Everyone has their super forms in that game.
Mania isn't SRB2 tho, I mean Mighty and Ray having a super form was to incite more people into buying the Plus update


Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
I feel like the conversation should be how each character should be handled in regards to getting powered up by the emeralds in SRB2, rather than whether or not they should be rewarded at all just because some of the old games didn't reward Tails or took longer to.
Yeah... Anyway I'm fine with only 3 characters having the Super form for now honestly.
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.