• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Nightmare from Soul Calibur

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEV3 said:
I've never played the SoulCalibur games, and do not plan to, especially since all footage of the most recent ones give the impression that it was made for people that need the satisfaction of a shapely female body in order to be interested in the characters.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you there. However, the fighting system is ridiculously fun and rewarding, unlike DOA or SF4. Also, custom characters are supported, so it's possible to remake a female character that looks exactly the same except with much less you know what.

JEV3 said:
I will say though that he could probably use some outlines... generally a dark color in the palette around all of the edges like Sonic there, and the teeth need deeper shading so they feel as dark as the rest of the texture instead of standing out like neon lights at midnight. Keep it up, don't be discouraged, just remember that when in doubt, you want to go for less detail rather than more...
The teeth thing I guess I didn't see, so thanks. I Don't see how to implement the outlines without striping the arms and head of some detail and reducing the shading, maybe.

My best friend came over yesterday, (he's a killer artist) and looked at this. He said that there was a different way to maximize the detail while minimizing the effort. While I'm learning this new stuff, I think I'll start working on something less complex than nightmare and try him a little later. In the end, though, he should instead be bipedal and more accurate looking, which is a plus. At this point, though, it's really a lot of speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back