Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_house

Also known as TemporaryAl
The grass texture is messed up a bit here:
so1jps.jpg

Looking from (1355,-14,768,100).

Last edited:
I might be wrong but I think he's trying to say that the textures aren't aligned properly. I think this is just one of those optical illusion things that happen all the time with these maps.

EDIT
Scratch what I just said. It is a texture alignment error. I thought for a minute that there were two platforms. Lol

Last edited:
The grass alignment is the obvious issue, but I don't think he's talking about that since he circled a specific area of the texture. I can't see anything wrong with the circled area, though.

Last edited:
The grass alignment is the obvious issue
I actually meant that. I just circled the area so people would focus more on that specific part of the image,
since I'd previously shown the unedited image to some players who couldn't see anything wrong with it...

Oh. I assumed that the purpose of the circle was to make people not think you were talking about the grass as it also exists outside of the circled area. It would have got the point across better if you had circled the entire texture.

Well even then, its not a glitch, this is an oversight. You can really fix this easy, and this isnt even one of the many glaring examples of texture disallignment in this game. So yeah.

That screenshot looks like taken in OpenGL mode, where the texture alignment have some variations.
Try the map in both Software and OpenGL mode and you can see the difference.

This is an OGL bug and has been there since 2.0, IIRC. The problem is that I have to combine lower unpegged for the mid texture with a lower texture that needs to pegged to the top. If I recall I used some horrible FOF hack to make it work, but it only works in software.

Woops, it is a bug. My bad. So i guess the problem is more internal than we could have thought mystic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back