• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ristar (Work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-YexMaster

HRMMM, HRMMM!!!
I decided to make a Wad of Ristar.
I just started now, this is the first sprite, it's not done yet:
nrdNK.png

It looks like a pretty good start considering you are only getting the basic framework down, but you still have a lot of work to go.

May I point out the feet look too flat? Compare Sonic's front view to your Ristar and you'll see what I mean.

I'll point you in the direction of this Ristar Fansite, it has a lot of screenshots and art for reference if you need it.
http://ristar-cluster.info/php-pages/home.htm

Mr. Awesome, the sprite is not done.

Sawhog, thanks for the page, i tink im going to use some of those sprites...

That is AWFUL!!! That doesn't look anything like Ristar and wheres the arms!? You need ALOT more practice if you are going to impress anyone on the SRB2MB. Theres no shading whatso ever. His feet look strange too.
Mr. Awesome, note how your post is completely useless and is not constructive in any way possible.

Back on topic...
Shouldn't the bottom points be curved a bit down because I think it should. Try making points to be a little like "Super Sonic's" quills. Also, try giving the shoes some more depth. It's a bit dull since it's basically sticking straight forward. Try placing it at an angle like for example, SSNTails' PLAYA1 Sonic Sprite. A little note for you, try not to pillow shade.

This is very good! Keep going! ...but I think the perspective's a little off. He looks like he's looking down, sort of.

I like Ristar, especially the music of the game, they were divine.

As for your Ristar, I find him a bit simple.

As said AutoSave, yes, you should improve the spines ... so that the "big yellow mask" be like something which is yellow and sticky that someone has launched to Ristar. A bit like in cartoons.

EDIT : Sorry, I posted my message just after you've posted your new Ristar !

... for me, I find him much better ! I just hope that he will be a good size, and of course he will not be green !

Last edited:
Yeah, green is used so it can change to any color. But it would be nice if we could have a yellow sprite too so we can see what it would really look like. (Real Ristar)

Last edited:
Ok, i completed the standing animations and the dead sprite, now im working on the idle animation:
UjU9C.png

Fke6J.png

qL6Qg.png

bTKVn.png

941WT.png

1ww1h.png

Now, the diferent sizes of Sonic and Ristar:
tFPUQ.png

I think is acceptable, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back